Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2003 VY series I Calais 90000kms for $16000 - what do you guys think?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
sekah, ig you know the mechanic, or trust them, get them to say a few things are wrong with the car [they'll work somethign out]. That way you can show a piece of paper with some faults on it and can argue a bit more. The mechanics should be able to think of something! :p

EDIT: Unless it's something like a RACV vehicle check. That you probably wouldn't be able to organise! :( Unless your friends with an RACV mechanic [helped me with my last car, my mate told the tester to be harsh, tester almost got thrown off the car lot. This tester even got a stehoscope out to check the engine].

I'm sure you'd really appreciate someone doing this to your car in an inspection wouldn't you?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I'm sure you'd really appreciate someone doing this to your car in an inspection wouldn't you?
You see, i know all the faults in my vehicle atm. So if they came back with problems i'm can say it's bullshit. Yet, i wont be selling this one! :) But if i ever did, good luck to someone if they tried this! Simple fact is most people dont know their vehicle well enough though so it's very possible to do this.

You always need help trying to lower the price if your the buyer. Sellers have to expect this.

sekah

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VYI Calais
No need to keep on with this thread, as of tonight I am officially a VY Calais owner :thumbsup: :dance: I hope to post something in 'my ride' over the weekend when i have time to take some proper photos. So keep an eye out for it! And then....the temptation to mod will no doubt take over..

I picked it up for just over $15500. And my god it's neat - instead of modding the car the owner chose keep it stock but have it regularly detailed, inside and out. It's immaculate.

Anyway i'm a bit drunk, my family decided it was a good idea to celebrate - even though i have work tomorrow.

Cheers again for your advise and time guys

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
i'm pretty sure that as of VY, holden dropped the speed sensitive power steering in Calais and gave all commodores the same power steering... so the whole heavy steering might be normal? 99% sure... been researching the VY series heaps recently as I am getting one ;)

calais4life

calais4life!
Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
i think 14,000 is a good price 4 it :S
i bought mine for only 12 so yeh mate