Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2003 vy starting issues

riss1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
25th anniversary vy commodore
Hey guys i have a 25th anniversary vy that wont start i replaced the fuel assembly yesterday and had the battery charging all night. I can hear the new fuel pump prime when i turn the key and she winds over fine but still wont start. Is there anything else i have to do after replacing the fuel pump that could be the reason it wont start

Thanks everyone :)

VTL67Calais

Vtl67 calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 Calais blue
First check the obvious ones before you start worrying its something worse , 95% of the time its these things,

Plugs check they are ok and connected and the right gap

Leads the same

Also check they are connected to the coils properly

Also maybe the fuel hasn't quite reached the end of the line so maybe turn the key to make the pump work and hold it for 15 seconds then return and start

These should fix it/ if not id rekon check your fuel fuse is plugged in.

Also you could check buy taking out the fule fuse and opening the fuel cap undo the fuel lines and see if any fuel is there at all. If fuel is coming out and is in the rails its a spark problem if not the pump is not right.

Im no mechanic and this is all a guess and if you get other advice take it but thats what id try hope some of this helps it cant do any harm and i really hope you can get it started hey Cheers mate

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Did it run fine before you changed the fuel pump etc? Assuming the new fuel pump is in properly and pumping fuel up to the fuel rail it's probably a spark issue. I'd try another module under the coils aid/or check the electrical connections to the coil