Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 series 2 vy berlina

Derek j

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim wagon
my mate and i are having a similar issue,my brake tail light sometimes doesnt work on passenger side,however it will work if you hit the tail light,i have had a look and none of the wires are loose and have put brand new globe in it,my mates vy berlina does a similar issue but his is the tail light not brake light,we cant find anything any where about it,its even on the same side,my mates been pulled over a couple of times,i have been lucky an havent been pulled over as of yet touch wood but really need this fixed thanks

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
The connections have to be really tight and might need to be disconnected and adjusted tighter with a pair of pliers before reconnecting.
Also have a close look at the fine wire filaments inside the bulb. Sometimes they're broken but still touch together enough to make them work intermittently.
And don't buy those cheap bulbs from the auto stores...get a known brand one even if it costs more.