Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 SV6 Fuel Consumption

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I can think of 4 things that you could give a go at changing to get better economy.
1. Use an engine flush additive to get rid of any crap, refill with some quality oil (dont stinge out!) and then add in engine additive.
2. Clean plenum chamber and air intake (this made big difference for me!, car idle smoother and ran smoother.)
3. check/change O2 sensors on exhaust, most never been changed and are not doing there job right.
4. Dont have a foot made of f***ing lead!!!!

A full tank of fuel gets me about 540kms city driving, and 640 highway. And on gas gets about the same.

veezedhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
usually sit between 10-12L/100km, was on a flat piece of highway yesterday and set my cruise on 100km/h and the first readout was 5.6!!

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
how many litres are you putting in when you say full tnak. the gauge/warning migth say "EMPTY" but you may only be able to squeeze 55 or so litres in (its a 75 litre tank) as the gauge is notoriously crap. mine is accuracte until about 1/3 remaining then it goes bonkers. so thats why it "seems" your fuel consumption is poor.

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
how many litres are you putting in when you say full tnak. the gauge/warning migth say "EMPTY" but you may only be able to squeeze 55 or so litres in (its a 75 litre tank) as the gauge is notoriously crap. mine is accuracte until about 1/3 remaining then it goes bonkers. so thats why it "seems" your fuel consumption is poor.

Spot on. Keep manual records, don't trust the gauges until you have verified them.