Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 vz acclaim esp failure

Martinivz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
Hi all

I have a 2005 vz acclaim 4sp auto and the ESP failed warning keeps coming on at random times and then esp will be off completely not able to turn it back on and sometimes the car will act like it wants to lock up when braking but will then start grinding will usually only do this around corners but last night it happened while I was driving straight, I’ve had it happen on both front and back on the passenger side and just last night I pulled out of my driveway (was storming at the time) and went to drive off got about 10 metres up the road it straight away started grinding (was starting to brake at the time) grinding stopped then esp failed came up and ever since then everytime I have drove it as soon as I start the car and drove the esp failed warning comes up straight away, I have been told to replace my wheel speed sensors by a mate but wanted to get other peoples opinions on it before going and doing it, would it be the wheel speed sensors or could it be something else aswell?, I have recently changed to slotted rotors but it was also doing this before I changed the slotted rotors so obviously has nothing to do with them

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
have the abs scanned for codes
and go from there

Martinivz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
Have you got any brake pads left? Have you had a wheel off and looked?
It has basically brand new brake pads all around I changed brake pads when I changed to the slotted rotors and before that I changed the brake pads about 3 months ago on the old rotors