Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz acclaim esp button?

Tenner20

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
I have a 2006 vz acclaim and have noticed there is an esp button and some text on the dash that says esp is off but i press the button and nothing changes am i tripping or is it meant to do something

SSFUNKEL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX 202, VR BT1, VZ SS 6.0 GEN IV
Go on some dirt try slide a little and feel the ESP do it's thing. Turn it off and then try slide it. Be careful though as you'll slide out real quick esp if you're used to the ESP and don't know it. It makes it real hard to lose control. Low speed on dirt best way to test it. My ss Has it and has worked wild in the wet at speed on Bitumen. 06 Adventra has it and works great on dirt, but long trips on loose gravel it can warp ya discs as the ESP and IBD is constantly grabbing the brakes and they heat up n then warp. If you're ESP button is stuck off then there's a Fault somewhere. But that can be low battery voltage or even an O2 Sensor. My SS comes up at times 'Trac off' stuck on the dash and it slams Gears all from Low voltage or an O2 sensor!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I have a 2006 vz acclaim and have noticed there is an esp button and some text on the dash that says esp is off but i press the button and nothing changes am i tripping or is it meant to do something
Maybe get it scanned to see the live activity, to see if it's activating correctly.