Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ Crewman Cross 8

AJA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman Cross 8
I'm after the correct headlight wiring diagram for a 2005 VZ Crewman Cross 8

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
1702442020845.png

1702442033806.png

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Great car by the way ;)

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
• Main menu “start here”
• VZ series
• Service info
• Service info
• Wiring diagrams
• Section 12p wiring diagrams- ute… crewcab awd

• Sheet 043 (link defaults to 044. Scroll up to get 043)

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Cross8 headlight wiring are the same as SS sedan etc. so no dramas to reference the SS sedan diagrams.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Headlights are earthed to plug x157 located behind the battery on the inside guard. This has quite a few main earths in that plug. It does corrode and get a bit average. Clean the pins. Remove the bolt and either clean it or replace it. Clean the thread if you can as well. CO Contact cleaner is my preferred choice. @lout uses some good stuff too, and I should change to it, but don’t recall what it was.

AJA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman Cross 8
Headlights are earthed to plug x157 located behind the battery on the inside guard. This has quite a few main earths in that plug. It does corrode and get a bit average. Clean the pins. Remove the bolt and either clean it or replace it. Clean the thread if you can as well. CO Contact cleaner is my preferred choice. @lout uses some good stuff too, and I should change to it, but don’t recall what it was.
Thanks for the download and all the info, that's great. I sold my VY 6 pot crewman after rebuilding the top end with replacement heads due to one being cracked and picked up the VZ V8 crewman in Feb. I was aware of a headlight problem on the VZ which didn't put me off although on two test drives the engine cut out and also a separate issue, the dash cluster cut out completely then came back after a short while. Interestingly the previous owner said Holden couldn't fault it but a local auto electrician chased it down to the alternator having been replaced with one that was overrated for the car. So he put in the correct alternator and I haven't had that issue since. I have had the odd cut out but I put that down to intermittent low idling and ordered a replacement idle air sensor, although it doesn't look like the right one that I got

So, on the drive home from buying the car, I stopped at the pub and the indicators wouldn't go off. Tracked that down to I expect the flasher relay in the BCM so that's the next job. I pulled the hazard fuse so the indicators work but waiting for some idle time to whip out the BCM and check what code the flasher relay is to order a replacement. Do you know if they are all HFKM-012 SHS, AND any idea if the HFKM-012 SHST replacement is good enough or else ebay has a Zettler alternative on offer ? - its advertised as 'genuine American' - made in China! Interesting one that.

Also in the last 2 months the water pump seized after after sounding nasty since buying it, so in went a nice new one. This week I've just changed the front & back lower control arm bushes aswell, fairly simple task, main bother was cutting and banging out the front outer sleeve but bit of care and it now drives straight. I was amazed how buggered the bushes were and that the wheel could flop around but it still drove ok, sort of, but one tyre inner edge now nearly bald as a result of leaving it too long.

Next issue - passengers door lock jammed after my kid held the handle as I unlocked it with the remote. I find this happened with the VY also. Cleaning a nd oiling sorted that. The cars been up in the dry midwest for a few years so lots of dust and near nil rust. Then there's the electric windows. Back one would go down but not up. Pulled the winder motor out and cleaned up contacts and all and had a good opportunity to clean and lube the guides and all. I put a test meter onto the power feed to the switch and it gave me +12v and - 12v when operating the switch but when switch was plugged in it still wouldn't work. I gave that up and after putting in a second hand $10 switch the problem was fixed.

Apart from all the above its a fantastic car to drive, particularly on long journeys. I was a bit concerned that the fuel economy was going to be a bit steep but its an occasional driver and not a concern

Ok thats enough Holden bothers for the night.
Thanks again for the info

Attachments

• 1702480490395.png
    1702480490395.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 38

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1