Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ SSZ Commodore

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
How many Turismo 6L's did you find?

1 in auto when i was on carsales earlier. well in the thunder ute anyway, and ive been watching them like a hawk

OP nice ride, my dads got a ssz crewy and i love all the little extras it has

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
None. Rare as rocking horse poo. I found 1 at a dealership at Village Motors Petrie (Brisbane) about 1 month after I bought mine. It was a 6 speed and had black leather with about 70,000kms on it. I was so annoyed. Oh well, the red rocket has served me well since. Turismo SS's still have a special place in my heart though!! :p

The guy who I bought mine off bought it from Village Motors Redcliffe in late 2006 off one of the Managers there.

It was the only Turismo 6L manual on Carsales at the time I was looking nearly 2 years ago, so I went all the way fron Melbourne to Brisbane to buy it.

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
what are the bushes like in the front, i heard they can make the ride a bit stiffer but steering feels much better?
would they be more durable than factory replacements? because mine are gone lol and need to replace them soon

kingcat119

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
The guy who I bought mine off bought it from Village Motors Redcliffe in late 2006 off one of the Managers there.

It was the only Turismo 6L manual on Carsales at the time I was looking nearly 2 years ago, so I went all the way fron Melbourne to Brisbane to buy it.

Cool. Village @ Redcliffe is just near where I live. A friend of a friend is going to be selling their Turismo 6L soon. It's just clicked over 80,000kms, 6sp with leather. They have young kids though, so I would imagine the back seats would be stuffed.

kingcat119

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
what are the bushes like in the front, i heard they can make the ride a bit stiffer but steering feels much better?
would they be more durable than factory replacements? because mine are gone lol and need to replace them soon

I'm assuming you're talking about the radius rod bushes as well? That's what were done on mine. Pretty common in Commodores and Falcons. Powertorque did mine and changed them to Nolathane ones. TBH, I didn't notice much difference. They are definitely more durable than the old crappy Holden ones. Don't let them wear on for too long otherwise it can stuff up your front end. Budget about $500-$600 for supply and labour. From what I remember, I remember paying about $500.

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
another ssz :D leather looks sick . I wish I could find someone in WA with blue leather in decent condition to swap but it would be hard :D. If ya dont mind me asking did you find you got qouted a cheaper insurance premium with the ssz then the ss? i got quoted 200 less on my ssz then if i was to get an ss . I guess that makes up for spending the extra dosh on bigger breaks ai ^^.

kingcat119

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
another ssz :D leather looks sick . I wish I could find someone in WA with blue leather in decent condition to swap but it would be hard :D. If ya dont mind me asking did you find you got qouted a cheaper insurance premium with the ssz then the ss? i got quoted 200 less on my ssz then if i was to get an ss . I guess that makes up for spending the extra dosh on bigger breaks ai ^^.

Cheers. No idea about the insurance as I only test drove a Thunder and then this one. I didn't end up getting a quote on the Thunder, but if it helps, I pay $70 p/m for full comp insurance.

donovkc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ 5.7 MM6
Hey Kingcat119 , I'm buying the ssz this weekend !! What work did you end up doing ?

Cheers. No idea about the insurance as I only test drove a Thunder and then this one. I didn't end up getting a quote on the Thunder, but if it helps, I pay $70 p/m for full comp insurance.

I'd love to know what other work you ended up doing to the ssz , did you do the clutch at all ?

Is there anything else I should know about the car ?

I'm very keen to be the new owner of your ssz it's a well kept example that's obvious !!

How many kms did it have on it when you sold it ?

Thanks heaps in advance !!!

kingcat119

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Hi mate - just replied to your PM. Completely forgot about this thread. Give me a call and we'll chat! Interested to hear about where my car is now :)