Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Omega

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Mats have the logo on them... Why oh why??? :(

Are you talking about the SS/SSV mats that I bought? If so, I don't really mind. I needed new ones anyway. I haven't even put them in yet, still int he packaging.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
lol fair enuf haha :p i know how u feel mate haha as my mums finaly getting off my back about the **** i do to my car haha
I have enough for it, but I'm going to hold off on any purchases for a while. Remember, I'm only 17... Mums been going off her nut at me because I bought the SSV tailligts. She thinks I only spent $150 lol. She's paying for insurance so I don't wanna piss her off too much :/

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Stealthily put in the new grille whilst mum was out today :p Took two attempts but all up probably an hour... Had to trim the clips at the bottom and also two parts there were on the sides. Definitely worth the $50.
Thanks to BigBoss for his advice :p

Going in for a wheel alignment on monday, I've been driving around with the new tyres for a week now, started to worry me :p

Here's a couple of pics :D
51127699.jpg

11593373.jpg

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Coming along nicely, as you know an SSV exhaust would set it off.

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Ahhhh just my luck...

Was planning to get the SSV exhaust happening this wednesday but I just got rear-ended... Since I'll be getting a new diffuser to fit the exhaust and my current one has been damaged, I'll have to wait until the insurance has all gone through before I can do it :(. Oh well, could save me a few $ since the insurance should pay for the new diffuser and hopefully put in some $ towards an SS rear bar :)

42987824341185125931840.jpg

Damage doesn't look too bad, but there are a few dints in it, and the jolt I got from the smash put my step-dads back out :p

Smiddy_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Unlucky!
Very nice looking car for your first car.

I reckon a nice bootlip spoiler would look sweet on it too. Adds a bit of class.
Also change the rear end to get quad tips happening, honestly I don't like the xforce on the v6 VE's. Just doesn't sound that nice compared to the v8's.
I have a VE Calais v6 and just put a ssv system on. Sounds nice and doesn't drone or anything at all.

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yeah I'm going to get quad tips, will the chrome blacken after a while? If so, rekon it'll be much of a hassle to get stainless steel?
Yeah I'll be lowering it, but I'm waiting until I've got the front SS bar and rear SS bar on, just incase I go too low, also possible sub/s in the boot could change that too.

Got 2 quotes for the repair on my rear bar so far.
The first (not RACV cert.) quoted $450 just to patch-up and re-paint the rear bar, wasn't happy with that outcome.
The second (RACV cert.) quoted $475.50 for a new rear bar (painted), happy with that one :)

The plan is to get the guy who hit me to just give me $500 cash, reason being is that his excess is $550 and his rating will obviously change if he claims. That allows me to buy the SS rear bar :D
Does anyone know how much Holmart sells the rear bar (primed), I've seen the front SS bar for $185~ primed but tried calling them this arvo and they must've packed up early.

Cheers guys, I'll keep you updated when the rear bar is sorted.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Did you get the arse sorted out yet mate?