Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Omega

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cool :), but that looks a little odd... can you take another pic with the front wheel straight

Cheers. Yeah I'll grab a few shots of it tomorrow (the front is still stock though)

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Yeah the front will be done in a few weeks, work screwed me over with my pay so I ended up returning the front springs because I needed the cash :(

What's the best way to keep my tyres as dark/black as possible?

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
photo13vs.jpg

There's a proper picture. Front should be lowered next week on wednesday :)

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Anyone of a million tyre shines.

Personally I like either Armor All Extreme Tyre Shine for a quick option (and cheap when it's on special) or any similar.

Ask Tinsnips what he uses, he gets a really nice matte black - looks really nice.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Yeah the front will be done in a few weeks, work screwed me over with my pay so I ended up returning the front springs because I needed the cash :(

What's the best way to keep my tyres as dark/black as possible?

I use an old sponge and give them a good scrub at the end of my wash. They always come up like brand new. The problem with alot of tyre shines is that they have a silicone base and it attracts dirt like crazy . If not applied right will spray all up the side of your car too. My wheels sit outside the guard a bit so they would make one hell of a mess.

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Got the front lowered yesterday with SSSL, wheel alignment tomorrow (y).

Considering swapping my current rims for 19" Supersports.

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Been a while since I posted any pics, here's how she looks now :)

photo17yw.jpg

photo19vi.jpg

photo20mm.jpg

Rims are painted for 4 coats of PlastiDip, callipers done with VHT calliper paint.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Looks good mate, how did you get on with the PlastiDip? And how is it holding up?

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Looks good mate, how did you get on with the PlastiDip? And how is it holding up?

PlastiDip was easy enough. Took each wheel off, gave em a good scrub (just a normal wash pretty much) and waited until they were dry before I got to it.
I sped the process up by drying each coat with cold air from a hair-dryer and a small heater (turned heat off). I didn't want to use any heat because last time I tried drying some paint with a heat-gun the paint ended up cracking and it was a disaster.

I've had the PlastiDip on for probably close to a month now, the rims have been washed twice and it's holding up perfectly. I do think though that 5 coats on the more visible parts of each wheel would've been worth doing but I probably didn't have enough left anyway :)

--

Purchased an SV6/SS S1 front bar last week, going to put it on today even though it's the wrong colour. Gotta get used to the height before I get it painted.