Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Vz exec

Bilby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Actually I was talking from experience. some years ago I went all the way and installed a 2.5 inch free flow exhaust, I also had a set of extractors installed AND an after market chip on my VP, spent quite a bit I might add, all stainless steel ( the noise was a head turner) then the problems started, had the oxy sensor replaced about 4 times then discovered that the sealant used is killing the oxy sensor, it's been almost 10 years, I still have the car but it's never been the great car it used to be. never again will I temper with a factory built car which had the makers spending billions to build the car, who are we to think that we can spend a couple of grand and make the car better? That is all.

King diddy calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais 05 Alloytec 190 with a secret mod
M'kay, as I said, each to their own mate. But as we were talking about a vz alloytec rather than a VP with a completely different motor, every engine is different mate, you may not be able to justify spending a grand on an exhaust Which would be worth as much or more than your car, it becomes a complete different story. Plus an extremely high flowing exhaust (no mufflers) is always a bad idea on a V6.

Besides the point anyways, Id suggest a 2.25" twin catback for your alloytec mate. Best for performance and won't attract too much unwanted attention.

BigSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive MY06
Really?? you pay 1000s of dollars for a NOISE???? I thought you people do it to maybe get a little more power? but if it's only for noise???? Ummmm waste of money.+

where do you get 1000's of dollars from, you can pick up a catback and a tip for about 300 bucks nowadays, you can even do it yourself, just bolt on bolt off

King diddy calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais 05 Alloytec 190 with a secret mod
I agree mate, usually about 300-500 for a half decent catback but a think he's also adding extractors in that price so it could quite easy cost a grand.

Dalebert91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina
How much lower from factory is that?
Looks great btw. Love the wheels.

blackwarlock

braap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Troy knows what he's talking about and people should show a little respect. Not to mention the fact you took his well meaning comments very personally.

I will speak specifically for VZ V6's when it comes to exhaust. I've experience in this and plenty of information on forums and the like will back it up.
The issue is the motor. The eco's and older blocks didn't mind an upgrade. Plus the noise was (sometimes) improved.
The alloytecs though it's a different story. The stock exhaust is pretty much spot on in terms of getting the best flow from your system. This has been backed up by dyno sheets (where in some cases a car has lost rwkw after an aftermarket install), at the very least gains were tiny (5kw at most - not something you'd notice)
They aren't like the big V8's which love a big free flowing system.

But power isn't everything. Some do it for the noise. And fair enough too. Problem there is the alloytecs just seem to drone. I've heard a few sound fantastic at idle, little lumpy and deep. But these were $1000+ full system. And even those droned under power. They all drone really. But again, some people don't have an issue with that.

These are things i've read, experiences and heard first hand. Chooka you do whatever you want mate. I'm sure will. This is just one forum members post. Nothing more.

chookaVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
dont know how much lower it is then factory but it passed rwc so im guessing just in legal