Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ V6 drinking water ??

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
My radiator was replaced because it was leaking then my water pump was replaced because it stared to leak now there are no leaks we can find so the issue is each time we check the water in the engine by removing the rad cap we have to top it up a little each day for the past week the over flow bottle remains topped up.

What could be the issue here ???

Last edited:

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Did u check to see if the thermostat was leaking

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
Check the heater tap, slightly move the heater hoses (don't use excessive force or it will cause damage), as mine had an intermittent leak with the O-rings from the hose to the tap, they have a seal inside the hose clamp connector.

Edit: The two O-rings above the water pump leaked on mine as well, makes it look like the water pump is leaking, they are on the pipe with the radiator cap and connects to the front of the block.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Another thing that can happen is when the radiator cap is removed for the first time on a long period sometimes they won't syphon back from the overflow when cooling down.
This happened to mine after some engine work, kept loosing water but couldn't find it anywhere until when I was doing an oil change noticed a tiny trail of pink stain on back of overflow container in left wheel arch.
The hot water was pumping out as it does when it gets hot and expands but wasn't syphoning back when cold.
This made the overflow actually overflow.
New radiator cap all good again.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
There are no leaks anymore anywhere on the engine all has been checked thoroughly and the radiator was replaced early January and 1 week later the water pump. I have just brought a new rad cap as I do believe it is faulty after having a very close inspection it looks like the internal rubber is party stick open as when you look into the small 4 gaps two gaps show a rubber the other 2 do not and inspecting the new cap all 4 gaps are clear.

johnsysvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz wagon
hey mate iv seen this before were in the valley were thie intake sits there 3 or 4 welsh plugs on the inside of the block near the heads. thats a common leak problem for these enging and the only way to get to them is to remove the heads and that aint cheap. maybe take to a workshop and get them to pressusre test the cooling system? let me no how u go maye

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
hey mate iv seen this before were in the valley were thie intake sits there 3 or 4 welsh plugs on the inside of the block near the heads. thats a common leak problem for these enging and the only way to get to them is to remove the heads and that aint cheap. maybe take to a workshop and get them to pressusre test the cooling system? let me no how u go maye

Everything was checked the rad cap was faulty no water missing anymore.