Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 / 2008 VE Colours

darkowen

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im looking at buying a SV6 this week but i keep seeing ads on carsales with the colour as nickel and sometimes silver. Are these two colours the same with different names or are they different?

Cheers,

Matt

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
You will find that car dealers don't know what colours their cars are. I took my Turismo Mica Blue VZ to Holden once, and they kept calling it Impulse Blue. Wankers.

darkowen

Reaction score
ok so are the colours different and if so how do i tell

is there a part of the VIN code that would show it

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
mine is classed as nickel going by holden codes. on my vin number. they told me silver is another code.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Mine is Nickel and the compliance plate has 348N on it.
Hope this helps.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
lets use a VP SS as an example here

OK the offical Holden colour will be called something like archetype grey, the car dealer may advertise the car as Grey and when you go to motor reg the car will be registered as Black.

Holden only do one shade of silver normally so if you want a 08 made Nickle SV6 a 08 made Silver is the same colour. There is also a colour code, so if your deadset of the colour get the code from Holden and check that the car your buying has the same paint code. Code should be somewhere in the engine bay along with the trim code, paint, trans, enigine etc on a Alloy ID plate

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
You will find that nickel is a name holden used for silver in the early VE's ie. MY07/08. Nickel was replaced by Nitrate (still silver, but slightly different shade) when the VE MY09 was released in March/April 2008 The current VE series 2 still has Nitrate as a colour option. Hope this info helps! Cheers.