Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 Holden VE Calais V vs 2007 Ford BF MKII Fairmont Ghia

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
neither.

for the price of what they are you could either get lucky or stretch it a little further and get a beamer.

thats my opinion
more luxury, in my eyes.
looks waaaaay better
appears mroe upper class

and for an example. this one.
similar price to the calais
bmw-320i-2006

and i much prefer this =P
has waaay more to it
bmw-320i-2006

if you want a manual...
makes me keen on this now actually
bmw-320i-2001

I see what you're saying but I want to stick with Holden or Ford. Main reason is the parts are easier to access (for me) and are cheaper. I drove a 2007 Mercedes C230 Sedan today, it was ok but I don't think I would buy one haha.

Why would somebody researching a large 4 door family car cross shop it on a car 2 segments smaller??? Nice cars they are but hardly an alternative. Would need to be a 5 series to compete on size. To the OP - I'd choose the CalaisV over a Fairmont Ghia (Got a late BA Fairmont Ghia at work).

Reaper

Do you like the Fairmont Ghia you have at work? I have been looking for a car yard in my area that has one so I could at lease road test one and see what it looks like in real life. I have worked on plenty of BA/BF and FG Falcons but you can't compare a XT to a Fairmont Ghia or G6E, thats why I want to go see one.

Their no FG minux truly the pre FG models werent that crash hot with the exception of the turbo models. If he were looking VE Calais V and FG G6E well :idea3:.

Hasn't the OP already chosen?.

I was going to go with the BF MKII Fairmont Ghia, but would like to go actually see one, seen heaps of pictures but none in person. But I can't do anything until my car sells.

Hey scvs6 The ba bf have no resail value at all you can pick up xr6t for $7000 go the holden they hold there value for years cheers.

Yeah someone else said to get a XR6T, but I prefer the look of the Fairmont Ghia better. Still like the XR6's but yeah. What do you mean they hold there value for years? I would probably be lucky to get $7000 for my Statesman, but I am trying to get as much out of it as I can.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
if u go the ford... better join ford forums coz we wont wanna talk to ya :)

I will still have my VS, plan on keeping that for the long term.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
neither.

for the price of what they are you could either get lucky or stretch it a little further and get a beamer

why buy a german taxi when for the same money you can buy an australian taxi?

alpha_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
BF falcon looks ancient exterior wise (spose they came out in 02 in ba form) imo. Might be good/better mechanically but looks far more dated. What are the newer FG falcons worth? Are they a better alternative to a VE Calais?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Drive both.

Pick the one that feels the best to drive - that's what matters.

Not a huge fan of either one of the interiors to be honest..

EDIT: The newer FG G6E would be the way to go ..

cannot agree more.

why buy a german taxi when for the same money you can buy an australian taxi?
also as people have asked why go for the beamer.
well frankly to me they are a league above in build and status. (ive driven a ve calais and it never felt right, in more ways then 1)
also to me you get more value for money, even though it may be more expensive in the long run.
even though they are smaller. they use less fuel. and unless you really have to tow something do you need a bigger car?
and yeah reaper they are smaller, but it was still an alternative to suggest. no harm in making a suggestion =P
but this speel here doesnt need to be discussed further, he already doesnt want a beamer =P

so have you gone and had a look and both cars you are looking for and had a test drive yet?
also have you thought about chucking say a VZ calais into your options? similar styling, and a little bit cheaper. some that ive seen have some very low kms aswell

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Well the statesmans $7000 If it was a nu fairlane ghia it would be $2500 both the same era. They dont hold value the fords. I know i have gone through 40+ cars last year.. But its what you like at the end of the day its your money. Good luck with your search cheers Travis :)