Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 ve 3.6 alloy tech pre cat oxygen sensor wires

Danwell

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 3.6
Thank you for the reply’s, my car is a VE which must have been made before the changes in 2007 however the engine that I’ve put in must be a ve from after the changes in that year.

If I put the different sensors that suit the new motor into the cars existing cats therefor also changing from having been five wire plugs to using four wire plugs, is that going to mess with the ecu?

Or should I also get the ecu from the donor car that I’ve taken the engine from?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You need to use your old wiring harness.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
your ECM is expecting a particular data set. Don’t mess with it. That’s what changing sensor types will do.

Change the ECM and then you have to factor a no start until it is reflashed with your VIN. However, the body harness may have different pin outs and not easily integrate.

Keep things simple. Use your old engine harness. Avoid rabbit holes.

Danwell

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 3.6
your ECM is expecting a particular data set. Don’t mess with it. That’s what changing sensor types will do.

Change the ECM and then you have to factor a no start until it is reflashed with your VIN. However, the body harness may have different pin outs and not easily integrate.

Keep things simple. Use your old engine harness. Avoid rabbit holes.
Will do, thank you