Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE Calais Blaupunkt head unit

Damon Clarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Calais V 6.0L
Just bought a VE Calais. The sound from the speakers when listening to the radio is good but when I plug my iPhone into the Aux port to play music the sound is deplorable. I've tried so many different combinations of settings and balance but just can't get it right. I've also tried a few different Aux cords. Has anyone found the magic setup and able to post it here for me?

adimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6
mine is even worse, sometimes the left channel works, sometimes the right channel... smack the side of the console where the radio sits and both work for a bit. also sometimes the screen turns off, again, smack the centre console and it works.

I've taken to using MP3 CD's, they sound good.

also read up on disabling centre speaker, and inverting polarity on the subwoofers.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Just bought a VE Calais. The sound from the speakers when listening to the radio is good but when I plug my iPhone into the Aux port to play music the sound is deplorable. I've tried so many different combinations of settings and balance but just can't get it right. I've also tried a few different Aux cords. Has anyone found the magic setup and able to post it here for me?

Yeah, I tried the aux input using my android phone on the factory head unit and the sound is below average (ie: crap)...no bass and washed out mid and highs.
It could be the auxiliary input pre-amp circuit that is the problem...solution being to fit a better quality after market head unit. The factory sound system in my VE is cheap low quality. I would have replaced it already if I had the spare cash.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
mine is even worse, sometimes the left channel works, sometimes the right channel... smack the side of the console where the radio sits and both work for a bit. also sometimes the screen turns off, again, smack the centre console and it works.

I've taken to using MP3 CD's, they sound good.

also read up on disabling centre speaker, and inverting polarity on the subwoofers.
My factory unit refuses to play MP3 CD's.....I think it is supposed too but never has, it just comes up error on the display.

I've had intermittent issues with the connector of the front display console panel. Did you know you can remove this front panel... re-seating this can sometimes fix various intermittent issues as there is a multi pin connector between it and the main dash assembly.

** on my SV6 there's a small spring loaded finger latch up behind the bottom section where the storage tray is...if you feel around up there you can feel it with your fingers, press this before you reef it.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Also make sure the headphones volume on your device is set to the max.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
that front input is crap, use the rear aux input the audio always works but the video is only on till the vehicle moves unless u get it changed but the audio is rca quality input so its good

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Wierd, in my VE SV6 and R8 both aux inputs in the front sound good to me

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
I plug my ipod into the aux port and listen to music and it sounds good. Never had a problem. Sounds just as good as a cd.