Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 ve gts

MacD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0, WH International 5.7, VU SS 5.7
:smoking: Great looking ride mate.
Did you pick it up with the mods or have had them done since you got it?

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv ve r8 clubby oh baby!
LS3 ARE THE 6.2L 317 HES WOULD BE THE LS2 6.0L 307 MODEL very nice tho mate deffo go black wheels thats how i had my ve ute black on black cant go wrong lol :)

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
No he thinks he has 290rwkw. I doubt it very much, unless it's the worlds best freak engine.

A good OTR and mafless tune will actually get you to the 290rwkw mark. After that the best options are either cam upgrade or supercharger. Whilst supercharging may seem expensive initially, all the other mods you need to get the same power will end up costing you a similar amount - and be illegal.

He already said he's already getting 290rwkw ...

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
LS3 ARE THE 6.2L 317 HES WOULD BE THE LS2 6.0L 307 MODEL very nice tho mate deffo go black wheels thats how i had my ve ute black on black cant go wrong lol :)

lol settle down, it's called a joke. My point was, there is no way an LS2 with full exhaust and intake will make 290rwkw. So either his power figure is b/s, he has an '08 model E1 or someone has swapped his LS2 for an LS3.

But thanks all the same for schooling me on the difference between the LS2 and LS3. Clearly someone who has SilverVH as his nick would have no idea otherwise :rofl2:

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha all good i didnt mewan to write that with caps lol but yeah its true tho the earlier models arnt up as high mines an 08 e1 clubby with 317kw at the fly which should drop me down around the 290kw at the rear untill i go otr cai n full exhaust n tune should be making over 350kw hopefully lol

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
Its ok, I'm only stirring.

My mates LS3 went 350ish through a manual with full exhaust, cam and MAF retained tune. The only problem with the LS2 are the heads, everything else about them are great and it doesn't take much to get them to respond powerwise. Swapping heads to L92 being the first port of call :D

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha all good bud :) yeah ill be looking at a cam n maybe forged pistions aswell so im aiming for a total over 600hp n ill be happy with that :)

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
Are you joking about those power figures?

haha all good i didnt mewan to write that with caps lol but yeah its true tho the earlier models arnt up as high mines an 08 e1 clubby with 317kw at the fly which should drop me down around the 290kw at the rear untill i go otr cai n full exhaust n tune should be making over 350kw hopefully lol

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
i think you would be closer to 240 kws at the wheels if its stock