Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 ve v6 auto flash tuned by oztrack

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore berlina auto v6 2007
I'll like to share my experience with a flash tune done on my ve berlina v6 4speed auto that's completely stock by oztrack.

I bought this car 3 weeks ago from a Holden dealer, the car had only 77000ks and drove excellent but felt a bit sluggish getting to 100 from stop.
After searching a bit I decided to get it flash tune to get a bit more out of it and went to oztrack and he tuned the car for $600.

I have to say I'm extremely happy with the result the car goes much better and 0-100 improved by a long shot , my guess o meter
was telling me 0-100 in super high 6s (6.98) or low 7s so I went downloaded an app and tested the acceleration and got 7.2 with half tank of petrol and to see how accurate this app was I filled up and had another run and got 7.35.
For $600 it's a cheap mod with decent results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Thanks Matias, good to know!

I was thinking of getting mine tuned to but not sure of the outcome. Does the Berlina has the high output engine (like an SV6) or is it the same as the Omega?
Mine having an SSV exhaust, pacemaker extractors, an Orssom OTR and MACE spacers, it would even more benefit from a tune I guess.

I've got DashCommand and will definitely do a 0-100 before getting it tuned to do a comparison.

mark7

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE V8 Calais V/ 08 VE Omega
Thanks Matias, good to know!

I was thinking of getting mine tuned to but not sure of the outcome. Does the Berlina has the high output engine (like an SV6) or is it the same as the Omega?
Mine having an SSV exhaust, pacemaker extractors, an Orssom OTR and MACE spacers, it would even more benefit from a tune I guess.

I've got DashCommand and will definitely do a 0-100 before getting it tuned to do a comparison.

A tune will top it all off. I did a catback 2 1/4 exhaust, CAI OTR then after a while added the tune to it in my Omega. It may not have added a great deal of power but definitely helped my torque/acceleration and felt faster.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
A tune will top it all off. I did a catback 2 1/4 exhaust, CAI OTR then after a while added the tune to it in my Omega. It may not have added a great deal of power but definitely helped my torque/acceleration and felt faster.

Yeah this what I'm after, power doesn't mean anything, I just want it to feel more drivable (actually the OTR and extractors already improved the drivability a lot)

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Capsule, like batemada mentioned it's got same engine as the omega 180kw / 330 nm torque, I was a bit unsure about doing it first since I have had power chips in my vn and vp and they made a small improvement, but I didn't feel the car change us much as I did with the ve specially the gearbox shifting faster
and harder.
Steve the tunner claim and extra 13 rwkw and 20kw at the flywheel and to be honest I didn't believe him but after the tune I was surprised how the alloytec's respond to upgrades.

Next in november I'll be installing an otr and having the car retune, he claims it'll hive me 220kw at the fly and 30 rwkw and now I have no doubts about his claims . I'll post the 0-100 results after the change.

Capsule please let me know how you go with your tune and the before and after results im betting on great gains.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Matias777 now run a tank on BP ultimate 98.
I have a tune from Steve as well very happy.
Was running 98 shell then tried BP 98 it is even better.

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Pete funny you say that I done the tune with BP 98 then filled up with shell 98 and it lost performance so I went back to BP 98 and it run good againg , have you tried vortex 98.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Can`t be bothered.
First BP98 half a tank I drove out of the servo just drove slowly up the road. Me: Pete this car is running better I best be giving her some what a surprise I got.

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
I remember thinking what on earth did this guy do, the motor even sounds different on wot, a sound of precision and quality and the pulling power from stop made me happy.