Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 ve v6 auto flash tuned by oztrack

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I got mine tuned on 95 that was what I was running at the time and didn`t need to do a tank of 98 tune is the same more or less.
Then a tank of E85 (SIDI) very quick.

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore berlina auto v6 2007
The tune regardless of what fuel you have at the time is thesame, because as Steve explain to me the car has two setting tables low(95 and below) and high (98 and above) when you start the car it goes to the high table but as soon as the computer detects any pinning it'll drop to the low table.
Pete do you use e85 majority of the time on the sidi im a bit reluctant about using ethanol rich fuel.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I had to fill with E85 and did 2 logs.

Not worth it to go 30mins away to fill up with E85 and for a mainly daily.
Still got great pickup with 98.
I might run it all the time if I was on the highway most of the time.
I`m not sure but I think you may need to change oil more often but I do 7500klm oil changes anyway.

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just an update on fuel economy,short trips to work Monday to Friday in Sydney's west 11km each way 11.8 L per 100kms average speed 34 kph.
Trip Sydney to Wollongong 3 adults 1 child full boot and air conditioning 8.8 L average speed 72 kph.
Not sure if this is an improvement over the standard tune because I never tested it since I had the tune done a week after I bought it but I'm happy with those numbers.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
The main bloke mace engineering(Steve) showed me a dyno table of an alloytec with otr, full exhaust system, underdrive pulley and tune, just over 200kw on the wheels, I didn't believe that's possible but the sheets don't lie.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
The main bloke mace engineering(Steve) showed me a dyno table of an alloytec with otr, full exhaust system, underdrive pulley and tune, just over 200kw on the wheels, I didn't believe that's possible but the sheets don't lie.

Well, dyno numbers alone mean nothing. You need the stock figures on the same dyno as a comparison.

But a good video is worth a million words:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hawdzMuNQ3Q

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Obviously did a before and after but know that the alloytec is around 140-160 at the wheels I'd say it was well worth the money. Faster than a ba xr6t.

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
[Qthose Michael-08-VE;2781457]The main bloke mace engineering(Steve) showed me a dyno table of an alloytec with otr, full exhaust system, underdrive pulley and tune, just over 200kw on the wheels, I didn't believe that's possible but the sheets don't lie.[/QUOTE]
Hi Michael, sheets can lie but your compressed kidneys and 0-100 times can't, I think those numbers can be possible just because of the transformation and power gain in my car with just a tune.
Are you thinking of doing the upgrades?

And like capsule mentioned before and after runs on same dyno will show what you truly gain, If you do the mods tell us how you went.

Matias37

Reaction score
Members Ride
WeI l after much thought I decided not to Install the otr and do the retune for two main reasons one k&n air filter (allows too much dirt in) and two my car is under warranty (4+years to go) and I can't be stuff removing the otr for service.
Instead I have purchased a stealth 2 throttle controller so far 7.1 to 100kph is my best time after i install it ill post how I went with it.