Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 Calais Sportwagon or 2010 SV6 Sportwagon????

Jess1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Sportwagon
Ha! Thats cool! I was wondering if you could get a manual anyway because I havent come across one... You've answered that question for me too! Lol :)

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
SV6 = lower ks and newer. You have toddlers so leather seats would be better, but you could always just get seat covers to minimise the damage!

If your gonna spend 30k and slightly leaning towards the calais.... then spend the same amount of money on one of these:

2008 SSV Sportwagon (the v pack - so leather, screen etc..) and in one of the best colours - only $34,000 on 40,000ks!
2008 HOLDEN COMMODORE SS SPORTWAGON VE MY09 Private Cars For Sale in SA - carsales.com.au

2010 sport wagon - vooodo only $4k more..
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...lcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=55&__sid=13224CD0279A

SS Sportwagon - 53km only $29,000!
2008 HOLDEN COMMODORE SS SPORTWAGON VE MY09 Private Cars For Sale in SA - carsales.com.au

That's just a quick look on carsales.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
DO NOT buy a wagon without reverse camera!!!

I couldnt live without mine now.... and there's no aftermarket option better than OEM fitted. They could charge double and I'd still get it.

Also, I got an International (with leather) and originally I thought meh... it's a bonus but I dont really need it. I got young ones in the back.... SOOOOOO much easier to clean mate. Fabric soaks up everything. Leather allows just a quick wipe and its clean. Just put on a little leather protector every now and again and she's sweet!

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
gotta remember you have young kids, the dvd player will be a hit for them...and even better for yourself on long trips! the only thing that would tilt me towards the Sv6 would be factory warranty, the k's on the sv6 are of a higher average, SIDI or non isnt really that much of a difference and the calais is straight out nicer.

Jess1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Sportwagon
Thanks everyone!

Things changed pretty quickly today when I learnt that both of the above cars were ex rentals... I have always been told never to buy one and I have a few mates that always joke about rentals, "whats the only car that will do 100km backwards?? A rental"

Anyway, I ended up getting an ex GMH exec car with 12,500kms on the clock. Its a 2010 SV6 in Poison Ivy. I paid $34,000 and they took my 98 VT as well, so i think it was a reasonable price?!?!

I am getting tint put on tomorrow and a reverse camera installed, that will be connected into the rear view mirror.... I hope Ive done alright...?!?!

Thanks again for all your help!

Jess1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Sportwagon
Thanks Tinny!

The colour rocks!!

Cant wait to pick it up... :)

Jess1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6 Sportwagon
@ Hussy SV6 - The sportwagon!!! I love the shape and had my heart set on one!