Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] 2008 rego expired

Blazed1101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Ok I've got a question for all youlife experienced people out there..

I'm looking to buy a bike that hasn't been rego'ed since 08, now the question is, how do i go about it? I.e. he doesn't have the rego form (i do trust its his bike) so how do we do proof of sale / disposal etc. More or less what do i need for the rta

Thanks for any help

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Ok I've got a question for all youlife experienced people out there..

I'm looking to buy a bike that hasn't been rego'ed since 08, now the question is, how do i go about it? I.e. he doesn't have the rego form (i do trust its his bike) so how do we do proof of sale / disposal etc. More or less what do i need for the rta

Thanks for any help

Receipt with his full name/address/license number & then motorbikes identifying numbers.

That receipt will be enough, You can also get a check done at your RTA for your state to see if it's stolen.

Not sure if it'll need to also go over the pits because it was off the road for so long.

Cheers
Mat

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
just a receipt with the details hozy has said

in victoria you need to get a roadworthy certificate, then you take it in for vic roads to inspect it too

not sure of the laws in your state

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
NSW is pretty tough on re-registering vehicles that have not been registered for a lengthy period or that don't have rego plates.

I rebuilt an HT GTS about twenty years ago that was purchased as a bare shell. It took four years to complete. Registration involved the following:

1. Bill of Sale from the last registered owner.
2. Inspection by an Inspection Station that is authorised to issue Blue Slips (NB - Blue slips for vehicles not currently registered)
3. Statutory declaration that the vehicle had been purchased from the previous registered owner. Stat Dec had to be witnessed by a JP
4. Production of receipts for any major components altered on the vehicle such as a new engine, which needs to show the identification number of those components.
5. Being stuffed around in the local registry for hours before rego is approved and plates issued. (Hopefully, you won't cop this treatment).

Before you purchase the bike, it might be worth trying to get a REVS check to see if it appears as an outstanding stolen vehicle and whether there is any outstanding debt relating to its purchase by the current owner.

Blazed1101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Ok cool thanks for your help guys, so a bill of sale is what hozy said? Blue slip is ok, umm would you integrate the stat dec and bill of sale into one? And all and all nothing needs to be done to the bike other then a flush n tune etc (hopefully )

And the rta, :banstick:

Thank you again

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
A receipt signed and dated with the price and the buyers/sellers/vehicles details and possibly a stat dec should see you thru rego.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Me and my son have just gone through this same process here in NSW, got 2 bikes blue slipped and registered. They both hadnt been registered since 2009 and 2007.. My son got knocked back at the RTA office after they had passed the blue slip inspection as the receipt he first got from the seller was no good, (not enough info etc on it) and he ended up needing to get a new receipt from the seller. Hozys post says whats needs to be included on the receipt.