Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2009 VE International

whiskeybear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International
Hi guys

I'm relatively new to the forum but I LOVE showing off my car and not as many people in my life are as enthused as I am lol.

After MANY years of owing shitbox run-arounds that just get me from A to B, and after drooling all over (not literally!) other people's nice commodores, I finally have one of my own that I am really proud to show off!

My baby is a 2009 VE International.

This is when I got it in January

20160825_115633.jpg

20160825_115803.jpg

Fell in love when I saw it at the dealership, fell even more in love when I took it for a test drive. Was over the freaking moon when my finance was approved and I was able to drive it out of the yard! I knew my finance application would be OK but there's still that feeling of doubt in your mind when they take all freaking day to approve it lol.
It was pretty much everything I wanted. I adored the colour, it had a tow bar (quoted $500 to fit one to hubby's 09 VE ute) and had relatively low KM's for its age (102,000 on the clock). It didn't have a spoiler, which I really wanted, but that was okay.

A few days ago I got new tyres and rims fitted. Hubby and I went into Bob Jane and had the guy take a bunch off the shelf and sit them against my car to get a better idea of what they'd look like. The ones I liked the least on the shelf ended up being the ones I liked the most against the car! Typical lol. My husband knows the guys in Bob Jane here so he got me a set of Hussla 673 Spiders and new tyres for a really good price! The photos DO NOT do them justice, seriously. The red almost perfectly matches my car and because the amount of red you see fluctuates with the light, it works beautifully with my car. I'm so happy with them!

I had the spoiler fitted yesterday. I ordered it and paid for painting and fitting 2 weeks ago and the guy took my fuel flap for colour matching. I ordered it from Carmate in Sydney while I was there for other business (i'm in Bathurst, 2.5 hrs away) and told him i'd be back to have it fitted on Oct 21st (2 weeks later) because i'd be back in the area for a few other things and i'd would be super convenient to get it all done on the same day. He said "that's fine, it will only take around a week to get done and i'll store it here until you come back on the 21st". Got there yesterday morning and he said he hadn't even heard back from his painter yet. Turns out it hadn't even been done yet. My husband was with me and put the pressure on and the guy called his painter and made it priority because we really did not want to drive 2.5 hours back to Bathurst without the spoiler i'd already paid for and then spend more on fuel to drive back when it's ready.
So the guy called us at 5pm and said "paint is finished, fitting tomorrow morning, closing now" and my husband convinced him to meet us at the paint shop and fit it there so we could go home, rather than spend $90 to stay overnight at a motel so he could fit the thing the next morning. Fitting took an entire 10 minutes.

ANYWAY here are the photos from today

image.jpg

forum.jpg

forum2.jpg

Despite how long the spoiler took and how much hubby had to push to get fitting done, I am very happy with the colour match.

Love my baby :D :D

EdgeCobra

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Caprice PPV 9C3
Love the color and the matching wheels. Reds are the hardest colors to match but you pulled it off. Nice!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Looks like a different car after wheels and spoiler put on love it nice colour too.
Congrats nice buy.

Sansius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY12 SSV
Looks bloody nice!

Needs lowwwww

I wouldn't lower it too much if I was in Bathurst. Super lows make things real sketchy on the highways out there from my experience. Rather the extra mechanical grip going over the rough roads, plus... comfort/not scraping my front up (Maccas at Orange drew first blood :(! )