Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

200rwk out of an n/a ecotec?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
You're talking an easy $10k for a good turbo kit for an LS1 including tuning.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
You're talking an easy $10k for a good turbo kit for an LS1 including tuning.
LMAO! Who would buy the overpriced kits?

MACE

Reaction score
LMAO! Who would buy the overpriced kits?
I guess they probably want a reliable setup. The more expensive kits, have taken the time to develop the product with long term reliability in mind along with operating conditions. While there are a number of me too kits around these days very often you'll find that when they've sought the inspiration of kits from reputable companies they've overlooked subtle differences (such as material spec, packing requirements) which can have a profound impact on the quality of kit.

This would ultimately make the difference from spending your weekends having to redesign a kit and effectively having to pay over the initial cost anyway, to being able to speed your weekends driving it.

I'm not saying this is the case with all kits on the market, but you won't find say people with Harrop supercharger kits having anywhere near the reliability issues as to the number of cobbled up turbocharger kits on the market. The main reason for this is that they've spent heaps of hours developing these kits. This costs money and is taken into account in the retail price of the item.