Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 sv6 lcd screen ontop of radio change to show sports guages

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
hi everyone was reading my manual the other day and it says there is sports gauges so you can see oil temp bla bla bla, i sent thought everything and culdnt work out how to do it, could some one explain it to me if it is possible? cheers

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
maybe your mean "engineering mode" which is accessed by holding down the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel while turning the ignition on. this will display a menu in the center screen of your dash (not console/stereo). one of the options is oil temp plus others.

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
cheers womble il try tomorrow i only have a sv6 so il try haha cheers guys

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Do you mean series I or Series II...

For Series I, SV6 and SS use a different Red LCD module.
It is this module that either displays the HVAC/Radio controls for SV6 and SS models.
For SS-V modules, the colour LCD screen shows the Radio/HVAC information, hence the different Red LCD module that is used to display the Oil and Battery information...

So in short, if you wanted this function, you would need to,
1) Upgrade to a colour LCD Radio/HVAC module,
2) Change the Red LCD module from an SV6 / SS to a SS-V module (Either twin or triple gauge),

Hope this helps

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
To have have the "sports gauge" you need to change the SIC module to the SSV sports type. Your currnet one can not be reprogramed by Holdens TECH2 to display the Volts/oil pressure.

If you change the module over you will not have radio and other information display like you have now. For radio and CD you can use the centre display on the instrument cluster but it is limited. You'd be flying blind a little. The price for a module is approx $340 rrp from Holden Parts. In the MY09 models they changed the display to a 3 window type which provides you with more information. See this link Post #38 I think.. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/161813-ve-ss-v-gauges-2.html youcan see the newer ones.

It would be better to convert the whole HVAC system to the SSV type however just so you know, the SSV facia plate (with LCD display) is $1,100....

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
You can go the eBay route for this stuff, which will be cheaper...
I got a 3 window type SIC module from eBay over a year ago for $120. I got it working (electrically) on a Calais V, but decided against using it, as there were too many trim peices to change,
(I have the cream interior, and the sports modules didnt come out with this colour).

The Colour HVAC/Radio modules go for around $400-$600, depending on condition, etc.
If you have an EEPROM programmer, you can program it yourself to work with your car. (Requires setting the VIN number).
You can also change the startup screen logo (Holden, HSV, Caprice, Chevrolet) and the text colour to match as well using this method.

This page,
www.carmodder.com • Programming the Colour LCD HVAC / Radio for the Holden VE Commodore
Describes what you need, the EEPROM programmer specs, as well as the EEPROM locations.
The EEPROM programmer and the 3M clip will cost you around $60 from eBay.

Hope this helps

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
cbz to much complicated ****, i saw one on ebay like a month ago if i knew this earlier i should ahve got it thanks guys