Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SV6 SIDI Performance upgrades

Gunnazz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
This subject has been done to death, just do the usual stuff as stated above, intake, exhaust and a tune. If you want to stand out / be different maybe change up the appearance of the car something along those lines. At the end of the day there will always be someone out there that has done what you have or similar, so don't worry about it too much and just change / alter the car the way you want. The "show my ride section" has a huge list of modded cars, use that for inspiration.

Lastly don't go calling everyone morons, all that will do is piss people off and encourage negative and stupid replys.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
I SUGGEST you use TWo gmc 671 blowers on it , then THREE BIG TURBO chargers.. should be unique

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
If you are looking for a bit more power then you can do the following: intake, full exhaust system, mace cams (210 degrees or 226 degrees), tune and higher diff ratio. You will be more than happy with these mods on a v6.
But if you are looking for bigger numbers then go straight for a turbo setup.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
JC is heading for the shitter, 1 maybe 2 decent responses to the op's question.
Modding a V6 can be pretty fun. Not that many people have high powered Alloytec or SIDI motors. But if you want to head down that path I'd suggest talking to Steve from Mace Engineering. Cams, OTR, full exhaust, mace spacers, underdrive pulley are the most popular. Supercharger, turbo or nos if you want to take it a bit further. Few companies are starting to offer manifold porting, ported heads etc. Depends on how much money you want to spend.

CPR6 won't fit so don't waste your time.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Modding a V6 can be pretty fun. Not that many people have high powered Alloytec or SIDI motors. But if you want to head down that path I'd suggest talking to Steve from Mace Engineering. Cams, OTR, full exhaust, mace spacers, underdrive pulley are the most popular.
Well, that doesnt help the OP does it? He wants a "Unique" car. So slapping a few questionable bolt ons to the motor is hardly going to do that.

Depends on how much money you want to spend.

Just dont look at it in a $/kw kind of way, and you wont want to neck yourself.

Noodle13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 ute
Hi guys, I'm new to this. How the hell to I post a thread or something on here. ?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
look just above where you saw this post----IT SAYS----POST NEW THREAD-------top of page

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Well, that doesnt help the OP does it? He wants a "Unique" car. So slapping a few questionable bolt ons to the motor is hardly going to do that.
Just dont look at it in a $/kw kind of way, and you wont want to neck yourself.
Sure it will.

And no necking myself here. Car won't go through fuel like an 8, insurance is almost $1k cheaper every year. Had the car 5 years, you do the math. That's paid for the SC on my car and then some. And it's fully insured too for an extra $30 a year lol.

Y'all need to relax, guy just wants to spend money on his car, just the same as everyone else on here.