Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SV6 SIDI Performance upgrades

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sure it will.

And no necking myself here. Car won't go like an 8, insurance is almost $1k cheaper every year. Had the car 5 years, you do the math. That's paid for the SC on my car and then some. And it's fully insured too for an extra $30 a year lol.

Y'all need to relax, guy just wants to spend money on his car, just the same as everyone else on here.

Fixed that for you. :p

Also in regards to insurance, unless you are paying only 500 a year in insurance (if you are, I would love to know who with as my wifes diesel cruze is 800 a year), your statement is largely false. And if we take my example specifically, unless the insurance company is paying you 400 odd a month (I pay 600 a year), it's also false.

I appreciate where you are coming form, but lets not be making silly claims now. :)

Sure the OP wants to work on his car, but he started the thread with the wrong attitude from word go. Before anyone posted we was already calling people morons. Not surprising how this thread turned out really.

That and the fact the search function would have returned a significant amount on info on this topic, there is a new "I want my v6 to fo faster" thread started basically every 2 days.

That, or he could have gone through the my ride section. I mean, if he had solely looked at your thread for example he would have most of the information needed to answer his question given you car ticks all the boxes he's after

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Fair enough on the thread and it's direction. The guy has 6 posts, seems to me like he's a newbie and probably doesn't understand how to use the forum properly. I remember I was like that when I started. I'm paying $680 a year full comp. Three of those years I was on p-plates, V8 would have cost over $2k a year to insure whilst I was paying a bit over $1k. I'm still under 25 so it's still pretty expensive getting around in a V8 for me.

Owning a V6 attracts a lot of negativity. It's really not a big deal.

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Sure it will.

And no necking myself here. Car won't go through fuel like an 8, insurance is almost $1k cheaper every year. Had the car 5 years, you do the math. That's paid for the SC on my car and then some. And it's fully insured too for an extra $30 a year lol.

Y'all need to relax, guy just wants to spend money on his car, just the same as everyone else on here.

I agree even though I have a v8 . I used to own a ve sv6 and understand about the mods etc .
I dont know why everyone is being a ######## to this guy.

who cares if he said that he wants a "unique v6" really?

everyone is shooting him down when I'm guessing all him wanted was a bit of information or constructive criticism if I was him I would leave this forum.

Terrible example of most people on jc

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Hey guys i was just after some possible performance upgrades for the sv6?
anything that can get me some KW

and please no one be a moron and tell me to buy a 8, if i wanted one i'd buy one. after building something unique.

a lot of people may have the car but by doing it up and making it stand out is what will make it unique not how quick it can go. i was after suggestions not advice. ill be like everyone else and have a v8 gee i bet im cool now. more people have done up v8s then 6s and im NOT after the fastest thing on the road just some little extra power. bunch of morons.

I agree even though I have a v8 . I used to own a ve sv6 and understand about the mods etc .

everyone is shooting him down when I'm guessing all him wanted was a bit of information or constructive criticism if I was him I would leave this forum.

bolded comments in the top 2 quoted posts could quite well be the reason hes getting shot down. there was absolutely no need to go calling people morons in his very first post. i doubt he will be missed if he does leave, hasnt exactly contributed anything.

if he had have omitted the entire last line in his first post, this thread would most likley have gone a different way.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Fair enough on the thread and it's direction. The guy has 6 posts, seems to me like he's a newbie and probably doesn't understand how to use the forum properly. I remember I was like that when I started. I'm paying $680 a year full comp. Three of those years I was on p-plates, V8 would have cost over $2k a year to insure whilst I was paying a bit over $1k. I'm still under 25 so it's still pretty expensive getting around in a V8 for me.

Owning a V6 attracts a lot of negativity. It's really not a big deal.

I agree with you there maybe from a functionality perspective, but his opening post was the main issue.

He may be new to forums, but even in real life, asking a question and ending it with "oh, and I don't want any morons telling me so and so" is going to lead to some less than constructive responses.

True about insurance, having a HSV and being under 30 is like having a V8 and being under 25. So many insurance companies either blatantly won't touch me or give me a quote to price themselves out. Seems it's a pain owning any nice car until someone is over 30. :p

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

Opening post he preemptively calls people morons and in his second most be does go an call people morons.

It's an open forum, people are free to post what they like and provocative posts usually attract this sort of attention.

If people want to come out swinging they need to harden up and be prepared to what comes back.

blerimr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore sv6
thanks kuzman89 and hakhawk, it was my fault for starting the thread the wrong way and im sorry but im sick of people telling me to get an 8. i was just after some ideas that i could upgrade on my 6 as i dont know alot about cars.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Ok, so your an "enthusiast" as an enthusiast, can I ask why you want a V6? Did your wife or mother tell you wtf you can only have a fuel efficient non whale killing car made by poor austrailans.
Or did you just get sucked in by a car sales person telling you the V6 goes just as hard as a V8 these days?

The best 6 cylinder car isnt a bloody holden. If you cant afford a SS, why spend money on a SV6.
Dont buy V6 car and then decide, FML I gotta get this thing to do more.

So, tell us why you didnt "want one"

blerimr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore sv6
I like the sv6, whats wrong with that. i choose it cause i like it simple as that. whats wrong with getting it to do more? you are all missing the question but one person.

Have fun trolling and getting side tracked.