Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SV6 SIDI Performance upgrades

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Haha its pretty entertaining how dumb some of them can be, thanks kuzman89.

This comment carries little weight from someone who seems to have absolutely no idea what they want.

At the moment it seems you just know you want to do something to your car, from visual to performance to sound to something or anything you deem unique but haven't articulated what you mean by that. Given "unique" is subjective term, how about you work out what you want to do and we'll go from there.

As it stands, the only poster in this thread that is looking dumb, is the one branding everyone else that.

Aside from all the above, you haven't even indicated a budget. So how long is a piece of string? If you want to invest two grand or less, the suggestions are going to be different to those if you have 50k to throw at the engine. And then you will be in unique territory because you will be able to build what you like with basically only the factory block retained.

So how about you spot acting like a brat, lose the attitude and actually define what you are looking to achieve so people give you legitimate options.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Just put a Duramax diesel in it. Problem solved. Uniqueness and P O W A H ! ! !

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I think people have got a little crazy from both sides here. Sure, it was probably a big mistake to come out like he did, but still there were people going on about buying an ss.

He has his reasons for wanting to modify his sv6, as do many people. I couldn't buy an ss as my mrs was only 20 at the time and fuel consumption and price also played a big role in it. Everyone modding their 8's would understand there is an element of satisfaction that comes with seeing your car turn into something you orchestrated or did yourself.

Good luck to him in getting a car he is happy with, because ultimately he's the one who will drive it. Just a softer approach next time when posting wouldn't go astray...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I think people have got a little crazy from both sides here. Sure, it was probably a big mistake to come out like he did, but still there were people going on about buying an ss.

He has his reasons for wanting to modify his sv6, as do many people. I couldn't buy an ss as my mrs was only 20 at the time and fuel consumption and price also played a big role in it. Everyone modding their 8's would understand there is an element of satisfaction that comes with seeing your car turn into something you orchestrated or did yourself.

Good luck to him in getting a car he is happy with, because ultimately he's the one who will drive it. Just a softer approach next time when posting wouldn't go astray...

aussie willy was the only one to mention the letters "ss", and that was only in relation to a question, not "going on about buying one". cool story otherwise.

CJB1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II 2011
I know this is an old thread but just wondering if you did anything with your SV6?
I just brought one and am looking at what I can do to it.
Would like to make it sound nice and do a little work to the exterior aswell.
Already have 20" wheels, tinted windows and is lowered a little.
Thinking about a bonnet scoop (any suggestions?)
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Budget is as cheap as possible but I know you have to spend money to make it nice.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Hey guys i was just after some possible performance upgrades for the sv6?
anything that can get me some KW

and please no one be a moron and tell me to buy a 8, if i wanted one i'd buy one. after building something unique.

So you wish to do all sorts of things to make the SV6 look good.....what does the driver look like.....unshaven, singlet, tattoos, stubby shorts, base ball cap on sideways.....suggestion....go buy a new "Bag of Fruit" business suite, shirt, tie....and you will look the part and feel better.....even your SV6 will now look a lot better stock standard....instead of trying to land on Mars!

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Would like to make it sound nice and do a little work to the exterior aswell.
Already have 20" wheels, tinted windows and is lowered a little.
Thinking about a bonnet scoop.

De-badge it, lower it, clean tasteful wheels, no scoop!! A nice 2 1/4 sports cat back, CAI and maybe the MACE manifold spacers, done

No DRLs they look cheap and rubbish if not factory

what does the driver look like.....unshaven, singlet, tattoos, stubby shorts, base ball cap on sideways.....suggestion....go buy a new "Bag of Fruit" business suite, shirt, tie....and you will look the part and feel better.....even your SV6 will now look a lot better stock standard

I drive a HSV, singlet, long hair, tattoos, missing teeth so what's your point????

Skid55 wears a dress shirt n suit pants and he made the news as a hoon over one doughnut/skid illegally...... Normally he's a drift king on the track.

Last edited: