Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 ve sv6 ute sidi 3.6l

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
I thought it would be hard but it wasn't. I took the old pannel off then the one on the side took the tub out, then ran a cable from the back to the top, connected the -ve to the body there is already one bolt there for the -ve then I connected the +ve to a baby blue colored wire, an that was for the breaks I just spliced the wire and tapped it to that.didnt want to try going through the cabin because iv heard some people get water leaks

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice ute mate tint looks great on it.
Nice colour too.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Well done the sailplane looks so much better. How is the new stereo going

MeanVE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6 - Bog stock
That sailplane looks boss man! The ute is coming along well as well! How's the stereo going?

That's one mean house across the road ;P

RedhotThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE Thunder Sv6
I thought it would be hard but it wasn't. I took the old pannel off then the one on the side took the tub out, then ran a cable from the back to the top, connected the -ve to the body there is already one bolt there for the -ve then I connected the +ve to a baby blue colored wire, an that was for the breaks I just spliced the wire and tapped it to that.didnt want to try going through the cabin because iv heard some people get water leaks

Yeah thats the way i would have gone about it aswell, good job. Looks the goods.

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Yeh thanks guys, yeh sailplane is so sexxy I love it, and a bonus safety feature lmfao as well as looks haha, well the maloo headunit has come to a halt soldering iron overheated while doing the speakers and just doesn't want to turn on so I have a new one coming in from overseas, so untill tha gets here its on hold, but I did tune my new speakers that are in the car now, they sounded **** untill I played with te amp, and my god they sound amazon now, DDL I think it is called dosesnt kick in till I put it up to 62 and 63 is Max ;) I'm so happy with the sound it's simply amazing recommend alpine splits. Haha yeh house across the road is scary, I recon tint for the rear window is a bit dark can't see at all night time ohwell reverse camera soon :)

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
this is what i was talking about when i said touch screen overlay, have got this ordered, just have ti fit it, once i do the rest to the maloo headunit :D

Last edited by a moderator:

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
Does it fit series 2 :s I thought it didn't soldering iron isn't here yet, taking its time :(

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
i figured it would fit as all you need is the aux out so aslong as that fits i should be fine otherwise it will be up on ebay and i will be very disappointed. Has yours arrived i contacted him and he said that there was a wait for the touch screen overlay (which i dont need) but thought i might just wit just incase.