Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 HSV E Series 3 Grange to self park

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
2011 HSV E Series 3 Grange to self park

After exclusively revealing photos of the E Series 2 range of HSVs in August 2009, we are able to bring you images of the E Series 3 Grange. While we can’t publish the original images, these computer generated images show a revitalised Grange that has now also succumb to the LED treatment.

HSV sources suggest the E Series 3 HSV Grange will feature the same 325kW powerplant as its GTS sibling, bringing it to the top of the power tree alongside the GTS. The Grange also benefits from a 33kg weight reduction, expected to make it fractionally faster in unison with the 325kW power-plant.

The reason E Series 3 has arrived so soon after the E Series 2 is due to the new interior set to feature across the entire VE Commodore Series 2 range (can be seen in our previous expose here). Styling modifications to the rest of the HSV range are expected to remain relatively minimal, with the interior benefitting from the bulk of the changes.

The most exciting feature to make its way to the Grange will be self parking technology, according to sources, similar to that seen in the Volkswagen and Lexus range of vehicles. Developed by Siemens VDO (the same German company that was tasked with developing the new VE Commodore Series 2 interior), the self parking technology is called Park Mate and has been in development since 2005.

If the technology, as seen fitted to the vehicle photographed, makes it into the production specification HSV E Series 3 Grange, it will be the first car to utilise the technology from Siemens VDO.

The telling signs of the technology are two additional parking sensors on the front and rear bumper bars. The deeper cut ultrasonic sensors on the front bumper bar are mounted to the edges to allow the vehicle to turn into a parallel park without touching the vehicle in front. The rear, deeper cut ultrasonic sensors are used to identify the size of an empty park and indicate to the driver that it’s an appropriate size for the vehicle.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/74691/2011-hsv-e-series-3-grange-to-self-park-spy-shots/

HSV_Grange_ESeries3_Front-625x430.jpg

HSV_Grange_ESeries3_Rear-625x441.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I don't get it, how come they can put together a very attractive looking car with the E2 Grange and make such an epic ****-up of the E2 R8's and GTS.

The self park is just lazy, if you can't park it then you shouldn't be driving it.

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
The self park is just lazy, if you can't park it then you shouldn't be driving it.

I think it would be more of a novelty. "Can your car do this".......

Still if had the opportunity to own one i would.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I am in two minds on this one, I don't really like the Audi driving lights and the parking feature is just a lazy mans feature, but it looks pretty good

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
i think the front has too much of a hair lip. its just. u dunno. looks wrong. just the shape. holden civic.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
HSV have really taken a running leap backwards since the first E-Series release. LED DRLs need to be integrated into the headlights and the whole front end styling doesn't match the rest of the car. A shame really.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hmmm, looks pretty good but a bit funny.

I'll reserve jugement for when I see one in the flesh.

I agree with S.T.K.E - the self-park is more of a novelty to show off to your mates. I'd have it but would rarely ever use it.

...Only took us about 10 years before we got SP in an Australian car lol...

aero135

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
Looks pretty nice, the LED's look a bit out of place though but overall looks very sleek.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
i really like it :)
compared to the e2 r8 and gts this cars looks amazing...i dunno how they went wrong with the rest..
and as for the self parking maybe thats abit far like Jesterarts said if ya cant park should you be driving it?
well really any vehicle at all? lol

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
The front looks a bit weird there but I think in person it would look awesome, although it would look much better on a gts', r8s etc.