Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 Christmas Trees

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
My Pop had 16 brothers and sisters, so our family is huge, all over Australia and over seas, but most of us hate it Bahaha, Should only be for the little ones just to see the smile's on their faces. But hey im all for a BBQ and get together. Most christmas's i found end up with someone being pissed off, Upset, hated etc etc All because of something silly.

its always the way man . I think the best idea is to go to a country where they don't celebrate Xmas , I think me and the fandamly will do that next year .

Last edited:

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Christmas? Ahhh, baaaa humbug.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I think there is a tree buried somewhere in one of the cupboards here, in my view it can stay in there but no doubt it will make an appearance sooner or later

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
i dont mind it. its a bit of fun.
buts its changed from what it used to be.

personally i dont mind the whole christmas lights people put up, especially when a whole street does it (and every town has one of these streets)
its great seeing these events bringing people together. which is what it should really be about.

our tree will be up soon.
same one for many many years. its just a bit of fun in the end.
the whole family getting together is nice. we do it a few times in the year, but never for a big day like christmas.

and one day, when i do own my own house ill put up the christmas lights, more so to keep the spirit alive for all the little tackers out there.

Last edited:

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Wow, we don't even put a tree up anymore haha. I don't like making a big deal of Christmas. Was great while i was younger though. Still it's good for the Family lunch.

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Yes, I hate Christmas, tis but a Christian religious festival and I ain't religious, so I think it is hypocritical to support.

It is actually a Pagan celebration celebrated years and years before anyone had even heard of Jesus, that Christians later stole and called their own.
I'm atheist and celebrate it as a time for family, food and catch ups

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
a Christian religious festival and I ain't religious, so I think it is hypocritical to support.

I am the same. However, so long as our government says it's a public holiday - I'm going to take it off.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Christmas is great. Catch up with the massive family.
Start with the missus' god mothers for breaky then see dads side and usually mums for tea. Love it. So much food!

Have a small tree up all decorated and such.
First tree in the house.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
haha nice to see I'm not the only one that uses a playpen to keep the kids out rather than in, nice effort.