Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 Equipe - ABS warning but no codes

mikeryantipp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hi all. I hope someone can help.

I had been getting an ABS warning before Xmas so my mechanic replaced the rear ABS loom and one speed sensor. I think he cleaned the other sensor (not 100% on this). All was OK up until this week and now the ABS warning is appearing again. When I connected my code scanner there are no codes on the ECU. I am using a Bluetooth OBD reader and the Torque app on my phone. I had expected to see a code telling me that the other sensor was now faulty.

Does anyone know if the ABS warning should generate a code and if so how can this be read?

SV607

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE SV6 & Holden EH Premier
ABS or Stability usually doesnt throw up a code. when mine came up it was my ABS Loom. others its the wheel sensors... others should be able to help.. i know some have had the ABS come up with a other connected fault.. i use dashcommand.. better than torque.

mikeryantipp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
ABS or Stability usually doesnt throw up a code. when mine came up it was my ABS Loom. others its the wheel sensors... others should be able to help.. i know some have had the ABS come up with a other connected fault.. i use dashcommand.. better than torque.

Thanks mate. I should also mention that I get a vibration/grinding through the brake pedal just before the warning comes on. Its as if for some reason the ABS engages itself and then realises something is wrong so it turns off the ABS and the warning appears. As I have had the loom and one sensor replaced I think it is the other sensor but it would be great if a code had been generated to confirm this.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
cheap scan tools cannot read other module codes on many cars
only ecu codes

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
If I had of known last week,
I would of taken my Scanner with me and would of scanned it for you,
As I was in Ballarat for a day last week working.

Maybe try Supercheap and see if they can scan it.

Last edited:

icetechaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SPORTSWAGON
Thanks mate. I should also mention that I get a vibration/grinding through the brake pedal just before the warning comes on. Its as if for some reason the ABS engages itself and then realises something is wrong so it turns off the ABS and the warning appears. As I have had the loom and one sensor replaced I think it is the other sensor but it would be great if a code had been generated to confirm this.
The grinding / pulsing through the brake pedal is a give away for an ABS sensor (Brake sensor) the car thinks you have one wheel locked up, the code only seem to show up if it is active at the time, I had mine play up intermittently for months but I couldn't get a code out of it until it became permanent.

mikeryantipp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
If I had of know last week,
I would of taken my Scanner with me and would of scanned it for you,
As I was in Ballarat for a day last week working.

Maybe try Supercheap and see if they can scan it.
Thanks mate. What code reader do you use or recommend?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Thanks mate. What code reader do you use or recommend?

Sorry for the late reply, [just catching up on messages][plenty of time to do it for the next 5 days of lockdown]
As someone's answered the your original question,
Whereas I use an Autel unit, and provides all information on DTC's.