Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 Holden SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z Series
Hi everyone,
Have an issue with my SV6. Searched some of the forums and found some similar issues come up but nothing similar to mine. It is making a strange noise coming from the front left, not sure where, as it is hard to diagnose. I am confident it has nothing to do with the brakes, no issues during normal driving either. Have done some experimenting and my findings are below. Can only really make the noise when I get in to drive for the first time. If you have any idea what it could be, I would love to hear from you. Has recently had new brake fluid (full flush), new plugs and leads, and normal service. Trans service is due in about 30 thousand. Car has 120k on it. I was thinking it could be something to do with the trans (needs flush, filter and oil) but not sure if this sound is something the trans would make. I have provided some links to show video of sound too.
- Reversed up out of driveway and made noise. Will produce noise on flat reversing too.
- Foot brake slightly applied, reversing up driveway, made noise. Seems to produce the noise when or after slightly accelerating 1k revs approx.
- Warmed car up for 10 mins before reversing out of driveway. Still made noise, but not as much as when cold.
- Reversed car on flat level surface during the day (not as cold compared to the morning) and briefly made noise. Only made noise when used the accelerator in reverse (In reverse and letting car move backwards without using accelerator didn’t produce noise)
- Drove out forwards up the driveway in the morning and would not make noise (from cold start). Turned car around and reversed up the driveway straight after and produced noise. Let gravity take car forward then reverse and makes noise. Went for a drive and came back and tried again and would not make noise.

Last edited:

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Front hub bearing?