Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 SV6 - Stability indicator issue

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Well RACQ out can`t read code reset all good.

Go down to holden check with TECH 2 no codes all good Fuc*** if i know

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Bloody autos lol

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Was about to say - its the handbrake that does it. Happens to my car too - took it in to the dealership and they could not find out what the fault was... If you "rip" the handbrake on (so you hear that click sound) it'll happen - try pulling the handbrake up with the handbrake release button pulled on too so it goes smoothly - doesn't cause it to alert...

Apparently its no issue - but it's been suggested by a friend of mine to have a look at the center console stab control switch etc...

Update: Car was back at Holden today to rectify some minor issues (trims). I was able to sit in the carpark and just pull the handbrake on (while engine is running) and create the issue everytime. The techs seemed to have localised a fault with the YAW sensor or wiring harness. It rebooked for the 27th June so they can pull the centre console out to get to the sensor and harness to check.

What ever they did today though has stopped the issue occuring at the moment. I'll report back after the 28th.

Cheers
Phil

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Update: Car was back at Holden today to rectify some minor issues (trims). I was able to sit in the carpark and just pull the handbrake on (while engine is running) and create the issue everytime. The techs seemed to have localised a fault with the YAW sensor or wiring harness. It rebooked for the 27th June so they can pull the centre console out to get to the sensor and harness to check.

What ever they did today though has stopped the issue occuring at the moment. I'll report back after the 28th.

Cheers
Phil

i had that replaced on a series 1 when esp would turn off at start up but ended up being a faulty bcm, but they said they start off with the minor fixes first.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Update: Confirmed fault related to the Yaw Rate sensor (located under the centre console - below the power window controls). Sensor replaced and no more fault.
Part No. 13578324 (2012 series2 SV6).

Retry: You might want to follow up on this to correct your issue.

Cheers
Phil