Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE SV6 Aircon not blowing air out of face vents

ItsanesVeAiight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2012
Hi All
I have a 2012 VE SV6. For a while now i've had this problem where the Aircon will not blow air out of the face vents. all other vent/combinations work properly. If I turn the car off and on again, It may eventually work properly. Today I tried to do a HVAC relearn procedure where you hold the demister button for 5 seconds and the actuators go through the calibration process. This seems to fix the issue and the air will again flow from the face vents, however once the car is powered off and on again, the problem re-occurs. Any ideas where I should look next to find this fault.

Arnie_96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z-Series Sportwagon MY12.5
Hi mate, I've had the exact same issue occur last year. Drivers side air-con actuator was the root cause for me.

Local dealer fixed the issue by swapping the drivers side air-con actuator with an actuator from the passengers side. I assume they did this because a new replacement actuator wasn't in stock. Codes cleared, vents calibrated and all vent functions working normally again. No faults since.

Dealer notes attached. This webpage is also helpful for DIY actuator replacement:
https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/man...dore/replacing-air-conditioner-actuator-hvac/

Attachments

• Air-con-dealer-notes.jpg
    Air-con-dealer-notes.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 137