Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2016 VF Redline Wagon cabin noise

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
In case it’s still under warranty, and being a 2016 it probably is; our 2014 SSV Redline wagon definitely doesn’t do it.
If possible I’d be trying for a repair under warranty, the dealer might have a better idea on flow-through ventilation design than us owners who’ve not had to deal with a problem?

Just a thought, have you checked that the windows are going properly all the way up, and that all window & door (and tailgate) seals are cool?

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
+1 to get it looked at by the dealer if within warranty.

Ventilation design is specified within the workshop manual and us owners can (mostly) read. As is, 100% of incoming air passes through the evaporator with the mixing flap resulting in a portion of the air flowing through heater core to achieve the desired air temperature. The manual is a little vague and doesn’t clearly state that with a 100% open recirculate flap, the system will still draw some external air (as is normal convention in HVAC designs).

The VF workshop manual also has a section on diagnosing wind noise and air leaks. Sadly the standard dealer response seems to initially be “its normal and they all do it” whenever one seems to complain about such. You have to be rather pushy to get them to seriously look into such issues. As such, it’s worth a read of the workshop manual and in particular the process to diagnose and fault find wind noise issues just to give you the an idea of what they should be doing and the lingo to push the issue.

Jamie.B

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 wagon
Does anyone experience an annoying acoustic sound in their VF Wagon?
Only occurs at around 100Kms and only 50 percent of the time.
Windows are up and its NOT a rattle or engine, exhaust or a wind sound.
Just feels like a pulsing, air pressure noise a little similar to the sound you get if a window is down.
Very annoying and I cant put my finger on it.
Any ideas I would love to hear them
Cheers,
Pete
Hi Pete,
I also have a VF wagon (sv6) and it does the exact some thing, and I have no idea what it is.
Did you end up finding the problem?
Cheers,
Jamie.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
No can’t say I have ever experienced it...but from the way you describe it I reckon I would be getting nauseas/migrainal if it was happening...which is what happens to me if someone in the back does put their window down..in fact I’m feeling that way now just thinking about it...sure there must be something strange with my middle ear.
For the air to be pulsing it would have to be more than wind noise if everything really was airtight??
That’s weird because I feel the same when the back windows are down slightly. I also feel sick when going past a wind farm, and I definitely feel nauseous when I can hear those wind farms in action.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
That’s weird because I feel the same when the back windows are down slightly. I also feel sick when going past a wind farm, and I definitely feel nauseous when I can hear those wind farms in action.
get a sound like that but I think I might'a done my rear bearings when I grossly overloaded it with pavers, I don't think its road noise from the tyres

Wasn't the bearing it was the tyres

Last edited: