Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2017 VF II SSV Redline questions and value my 2016 SSVR.

DJ_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II. SS V Redline
Hi All,

So bought my first ever Holden/V8/Aussie car last year, an SSV Redline and love it to bits. Maybe the best car I have owned and I've had a few costing twice as much.

Anyway, a couple of things I'm not crazy about is the colour and the big boot spoiler. Car was a demo and available immediately so suited me at the time. Obviously not much of a possibility to change it beyond this year so may get a new one as I want it. Been looking at the thread on MY17 specs but not able to get through the 150 odd pages to find the info I'm after which is to know what are the differences on a 2017 SSV Redline compared to my MY 16 Redline?

Also, I'd be keen to know what I'd realistically get for my vehicle on the private market if anyone has an idea? Prices on Carsales seem high and none have the KMs mine does. I have a 2015 registered MY16 SSV Redline (EDIT: Automatic) in Prussian with a boot spoiler and sunroof (I think this was an option at the time?). Done nearly 25,000km, had 2 Holden services (I had an extra oil and filter change) and will have a third next month. Car has been Opticoated and never been near a car wash (carefully hand washed only), it is close to factory new bar a couple of miniscule stone chips. What would I get for it?

Am hoping to get a 2017 white or silver SSV Redline with black roof and 20" wheels.

Last edited:

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
No different in car performance. Slightly different interiors gloss black has replaced carbon fibre look, TPMS, blackouts now standard and new colour ranges.
Your best to go and see them for your self at Holden dealer and get them to give you a trade price for your car and add about 5k to sell privately just remember you will only get what someone is prepared to pay for your car. Prussian steel has been dropped so if someone out there likes this colour in a Redline second hand is what they will buy.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Hi mate in regards to the price its all going to be about the changeover if its dealer related, i only got $41000 for a white M16 immaculate redline manual sedan with 7k only on it, but i did get the changeover i was after on the auto SSV that i replaced it with, in regards to private, ive seen a couple in i guess a similar age/klms asking 45k but if i was buying i would be trying 42ish.

EXTNCT

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA [EXTNCT] and 1987 VL Calais 5.0 [NOT03L]
You may struggle to get a black roof Redline mate. Dealers have very limited 'Y' pack (or black roof) allocations this year.

Good luck with the hunt though!

DJ_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II. SS V Redline
You may struggle to get a black roof Redline mate. Dealers have very limited 'Y' pack (or black roof) allocations this year.

Good luck with the hunt though!

My local dealer says he can get one, June or July build.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just FYI, the wing spoiler was a $500 option as was prestige paint. The sunroof was standard on all VF Redlines.
Why not try to find a Motorsport? There were still a couple of auto's around last week for $71,990 DA. Lots of performance goodies over a Redline.
PS: TPMS is a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
Stay well away from the big boot lid spoiler.
Does nothing for performance, ruins the tight lines of the VF and it is just a little too try hard. The lip spoiler is just fine.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Stay well away from the big boot lid spoiler.
Does nothing for performance, ruins the tight lines of the VF and it is just a little too try hard. The lip spoiler is just fine.
You're probably aware, the OP is thinking of selling his car with the wing spoiler already fitted? Also that he doesn't like it?
Personally I'm a big fan of the wing spoiler. But each to their own.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
You're probably aware, the OP is thinking of selling his car with the wing spoiler already fitted? Also that he doesn't like it?
Personally I'm a big fan of the wing spoiler. But each to their own.
In his post he said he wants a new MY17, and my reference to the rear wing relates to that particular vehicle.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hi mate in regards to the price its all going to be about the changeover if its dealer related, i only got $41000 for a white M16 immaculate redline manual sedan with 7k only on it, but i did get the changeover i was after on the auto SSV that i replaced it with, in regards to private, ive seen a couple in i guess a similar age/klms asking 45k but if i was buying i would be trying 42ish.

Being a 15 build above probably about right