Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 go fast

L

lxtorrie669

Go pick yourself up a cheap Vk EFI from the wreckers thats running will cost you about $500. Remove the EFI running gear and put this on your car. Will be the best mod you can make for you $$$ as the EFI 6 was the best of the straight 6's produced.
Then sell the rest or keep it for parts
Cheers

Haltech 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim & HSV XU6 VT II
dont just put the EFI gear on the blue motor put the hole VK EFI engine in as they run a different camshaft and so have more power.

H

Hector martinez

one of the first mods you should do is port the heads for better air flow then a set of extractors and a 'mild' cam (Hydraulic) will get you started

hotholdens.com

Reaction score
in my "modifying your torana" magazine there is an artical about these blokes in melbourne who can get 280rwhp out of a 186.

this is a quote from the article "we could extract even more power from it, considerably more, but that would make it a pure race engine and that would be a pig on the street"

so as you can see the little 6's when worked correctly can perform very well.

when i plug my scanner in ill scan teh article so you can all read it. its a great read and has a few pics too..

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
Easy L6 Power

Im only a young bloke but the three C's Cam,Carby,Compression.
A decent exaust system wont hurt ether.

catmerc01

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs statesman v6
have you changed you rocker cover at all, how many holes has it got in the rocker cover...

H

Hector martinez

That's true if you dont have much compression you'll have a lazy engine:)