Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20K to spend on ???????

Which model should I buy?

• VY SS

Votes: 31 16.2%
  • VZ SS

Votes: 76 39.8%
  • VX Clubsport

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • VX Senator

Votes: 59 30.9%

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Leah, stay away from HSV, charge you more just for the badge(re parts etc). A VY/Z Calais is the base of a senator anyway, so maybe chase a calais? People are saying that Senators will just go up in value, will not happen. They have no track pedigree and are really just dressed up calais'. They are also one of Australias worse depreciating cars.

BTZ< chances are at 20k in WA, it is the LS1 VZ SS, in which case I'd take the VY SS, best looking SS holden has made.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
the base of a senator is actually a berlina unless they changed that by the time you bought yours.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the base of a senator is actually a berlina unless they changed that by the time you bought yours.

I thought VX Senator, VY were on a calais base. Only saying this based ont he manual that comes with the senator. Would also make sense as they have all calais features. Why use a berlina when you have to then upspec standard parts?

From wiki:
The VX Senator was partly based on the Holden Calais at the time. Electronic Traction Control comes as a standard option. Some features that come with the $72,881 Senator include 10-stacker CD player, two subwoofers with a premium sound system, four airbags, automatic climate control, cruise control, power mirrors and windows.[6]

This seems consistant right through from VT to VE, Senator sig getting the Calais V in the VE range.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
ahh ok yeh they changed it then, my bro had a vs senator and when he got all the build papers from holden it was based on a berlina

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Leah, stay away from HSV, charge you more just for the badge(re parts etc). A VY/Z Calais is the base of a senator anyway, so maybe chase a calais? People are saying that Senators will just go up in value, will not happen. They have no track pedigree and are really just dressed up calais'. They are also one of Australias wors depriciating cars

Thanks for the advice Minux. After driving the bro's VY V8 Calais I am pretty seriously considering one.

wickann15

YEEHAAAAAAAH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
Yes Leah- you are not getting the Senator cause I said so! Like I told you- sporty car not luxury. I voted VY SS and that is what you should be getting babe

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
i would take a hsv over an ss any day lol,
better trim,wheels,engine modifications,paint, exhaust,body kits, and there is not 80 thousand people who have the exact same car as you :)
ask any one who has had a hsv or owns one.......

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
VY SS or VX Clubby for sure, some of the best looking cars definately

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
better trim,wheels,engine modifications,paint, exhaust,body kits, and there is not 80 thousand people who have the exact same car as you :)

lol, ask them what? How over priced everything for them is? How you pay a much higher price for insurance because it is a calais with a kit and slightly different seats?

I am glad I no longer own my VY Senator.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

orly??? I had a HSV and sold it to replace it with a SS. You do realize they made more VX Clubsports than any other Clubby model don't you?? ie you will be one of thousands :D

Reaper