Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

20x10's on rear of a 95 vs?

MRlemoncalais

MRlemoncalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais v6
first up i apologise profusely if this has been covered but my tiny mind has trouble finding it. I have been to numerous shops on the hunt for some new wheels, and i'm getting conflicting stories from al about what will/wont fit.

obviously i can tub it and they'll fit but im not interested in going that far. what i want to fit will involve no more than rolled guards. does anyone know what is the widest possible?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
im no tyre guy, but id imagine 20" x 9" would be about the max you could go on a VS. anymore than that and you'll tear the crap out of your tyres even with the guards rolled. would definately need a mod plate too (being in qld) for tyres that big man, they're heaps bigger than your allowed.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
20's will fit.. Skitzen (rest his v8 powered soul) has 235's on his 20's without an issue.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
20's will fit.. Skitzen (rest his v8 powered soul) has 235's on his 20's without an issue.

Of course 20's will fit, but he is asking about 20x10's. 10" wide rim is pretty massive.

Why would you want such a wide rim on a V6 anyway?

ImAHoon!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Camry?
V6?

lol

well, I guess if you don't have an LSD, you'd have all the traction you could need on a single tyre.

but. a 20inch tyre, thats 265 wide or so (what should be used on a 10inch wide rim), will set you back $800+ each!

YEP-20S

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
I have a VR Calais with 20 by 9.5's on the rear with 275/30r20s on it with an IRS ass end and they fit ok without spacers. I had to hammer the rear left inner guard in just a tiny bit because it would scrape a little when you had a car load of people.

YEP-20S

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
Check out the photo's im my profile section............

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
depends what offset u run on the rims but if u roll the guards and make off the right choices in offset u can get them to fit

MRlemoncalais

MRlemoncalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais v6
V6?

lol

well, I guess if you don't have an LSD, you'd have all the traction you could need on a single tyre.

but. a 20inch tyre, thats 265 wide or so (what should be used on a 10inch wide rim), will set you back $800+ each!

--i can get a new set of koya inox maya's with rubber for 2500 fitted, if they fit mind you. and does it matters if its a v6? traction isnt qa problem as i never lose it lol i just want them for looks..thanks for your input though....