Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

22" wheels and the front end?

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
hey mate ive got a ve ute on 22's and i have 245/30/22 on them and they fit by a bees dick, but they didnt hit the strut top when i got them put on, recently got the car lowered on pedders sports ryderz and noticed the strut top had been bent up a little bit, (must be from as you said tyre expanding when hot) it never made a noise and i never noticed it until i took the rims off to get the car lowered. so you could hit it with a hammer and bend it up a little bit? or just dont worry about it. also you have to watch out if you get the car lowered because the wheels are so big they slightly rub on the inner guard at full lock, just because they are so BIG! its just what you have to do lol doesnt matter if you put coilovers in the tyres will still rub on full lock when been lowered but this will solve your clearance problem from your strut top.

yea i rekon about half a bee's dick. yea i did notice a bit of rubbing on the plastic bit inside wheel arch. when he ihit the gutter and street sgns he did bend looks to be a torsion bar or something (most fowarded bit of front end) and holden gave him some **** about not being able to sell single parts, have to buy like new right hand suspension assembly, which is a load. but i think a little bit of attention from a hammer or shifter might do it.

and sydney is about 20 hours drive from here so just droppin in isnt an option, but use said they wouldnt give a hoot.

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
Tempe tyres are ****. they will not do anything to fix your problem. the problem i think you have is the type of rims you have must have the hub closer to the outside of the rim causing more of the wheel to petrude further into where the struts are. some other rim brands and models that are the exact same size (245/30r22 and 255/30r22) will fit without any problems because the hub of the rim is set deeper causing that same size rim to stick out forward more.. that is better coz that way the most that you will need to have done is getting ur guards rolled.. :)

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ive got the same problem on my vz, with the ssv's and ve spec tyres (thats are oversized for a vz) they only just sit under the spring seat, but mine rub and when you go up a driveway or hit a bump, which im thinking the the compressed spring pushing the spring seat down a bit,

going to work on a fix tomorrow after work, this should give me about 5 mm of clearance