Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
as said above, utes are handy - for tradesman etc so will always be more than a sadan in the same flavour.. Vans also hold their price quite well..

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Few months back the guy next door came home in a red auto VY 6cyl. ute.
I gave him a wave and he called me over to take a look at it.

Said he had just got it off a guy that was leaving the country shortly and would need to get an RWC......the plates were on it.
We had a look at it and thought it should go through RWC check without too much of a problem, then ask me if I was interested in it?

Why I said? You have just got it. Ah, I dunno, not sure if it's me or not, so make me an offer, but you will need to get the RWC.
I said I need this like a hole in the head, but it is handy to have a ute. Let me come back to you please.

Mentioned it to my Wife over dinner and got the response I expected..................NO,NO,NO.

Knocked on his door after dinner and gave him the news............NO,NO,NO.
He said, come on, make me a crazy offer and it's yours. Awe, say about 4 or 5? How does that sound said I.

Next door guy said well if your serious it's yours.........Yes or no, quick.
I said I better not or you might end up with a border, so he shook my hand, thanked me anyway, then told me he had actually picked it up for exactly $2,000.00.
If I had wanted it he was happy to pick up a quick couple of G. Was a cheap ute though, and even I had wanted it for 4 I consider it still a good price.

It got the RWC the next day without a problem, and he did in fact turn it over a few months later for 5 with a RWC.

The bargains are out there....You just need to keep your eyes and ears open.