Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

266rwHP Supercharged VS Ute

Tuddles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute 5 speed 221.48rwkw
Have look in mags for Emtech they sell the white face gauges panel price should be around the $200 mark

V

VUkeS

For a stage one set up supercharger how much will it set me back, thanks for any help

Tuddles

Reaction score
Members Ride
For the Body Kit which was through Classic Spoilers and Flares in Brissy for front bar ,side skirts and rear bar plus the driving lights for front bar it cost me $1080 and that was back in 2002 unpainted.

For a stage 1 kit will set you back around the $5000 mark and thats with everything to get you on boost right away.

Tuddles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok had play at Willowbank Test n Tune last night out of the 2 runs that I got in the best was the 2nd ran a 14.264 @ 94.10 mph it is a bit slow as silly me backed off early and pulled 4th.

Also ahd play on Dyno a Hi Torque Dyno Day and pulled consitant 270 rwhp.

Here is Time Slip.

timeslipou6.jpg

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
Tuddles said:
Ok had play at Willowbank Test n Tune last night out of the 2 runs that I got in the best was the 2nd ran a 14.264 @ 94.10 mph it is a bit slow as silly me backed off early and pulled 4th.

Also ahd play on Dyno a Hi Torque Dyno Day and pulled consitant 270 rwhp.

Here is Time Slip.

That's great, you must be happier now.
Take it to a weigh bridge (try the local tip) and get it's actual weight with all your mods, wheels, tyres etc and you in it. :)

Tuddles

Reaction score
Members Ride
yep just wish i did another run and held it in 3rd long

IanG

Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Wagon
Play around with your tyre pressures as well. Increasing the pressure will decrease your rolling resistance. Decreasing it increases your rolling resistance. So if I've got that right you should run a high pessure in your front tyres and a low pressure in your rears. One example I know of is a bloke with an ls1 ran a 12.8 with 50psi (which is high) When he rembered what they were on he lowered the rears to 22psi and ran 12.4
Play around with it. Too low and it will hurt performance as it will bog down.
Measure your pressure again after your first run as it will be at operating pressure after heating your tyres on the burnout pad etc.

Pump them back up before you drive home as the low pressure around corners at highway speeds might cause a bit of wobble.

Last edited:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Doesn't look like you lost much time with the extra shift anyway the 1/4 mile mph and 1/8th mile. How did you get the 60 foot time so low? diff gears? slicks? stall converter? I better go back to the start of the thread I suppose. My almost stocker 5 litre pulls the same mph so should have around the same rw power or torque or a combo of both :) but I can't see myself getting a 2 second flat 60 foot even with perfect traction or a 14.2!

P.S

Ok, its a manual, good time, I hope you have .3 left in it:)

Last edited: