Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] 3.8L Engine mods that are noticeable by myself but not the blue.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I know they can catch you out but oh well **** happens, but if you say there's a good result i'm looking foward to it then!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
The boys in blue arent that dumb either... they could open your oil cap and take a look inside and see alot of black... yet some really nice shining silver roller rockers...

If you go the mace rockers they will never know the difference, but if you get the YT ones well yes they will be able to tell

6 shooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VR Executive S2/ Kawasaki zxr250
Man your cops are way strict. How much money you got? how bout ported and polished heads and if you got some money i reckon no1 would see a stroker inside it... maybe a cam too and try and use the my cars not running right excuse

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
this is how i would go if i wanted to keep it semi cop proof.
YT 1.95 RR (mace ones are 1.98), cai, cat back exhaust (extractors will make it loud), and a little cam with the related gear (springs, timing chain etc...), diff gears and a tune.

As for cops hassling you. There is a 18yr old p plater around here driving a brand new HSV Clubby, i got no idea how he afforded or how he dosent get pulled up. and there are a couple p platers here that drive turboed skyline and xr6t and they just dont have the p plate on. Also my car never used to have mufflers, i have twin 2.5 exh with hiflow cats and only had hotdogs where rear res is supposed to be and you can hear my blower a mile away even wen idling and they never said boo, even wen i would stop for RBT, I even had them pop the bonnet 1 day and i dont have a lid on my airbox. All the copper asked was if i had a blue plate for the supercharger but wen i told him it come from factory with it he closed bonnet and said have a gd day son.

If you drive responsably they wont hassle you. You drive like a dick and draw attention to yourself and they will annoy you no matter wat you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!
well that my 2 cents anyway

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
this is how i would go if i wanted to keep it semi cop proof.
YT 1.95 RR (mace ones are 1.98), cai, cat back exhaust (extractors will make it loud), and a little cam with the related gear (springs, timing chain etc...), diff gears and a tune.

As for cops hassling you. There is a 18yr old p plater around here driving a brand new HSV Clubby, i got no idea how he afforded or how he dosent get pulled up. and there are a couple p platers here that drive turboed skyline and xr6t and they just dont have the p plate on. Also my car never used to have mufflers, i have twin 2.5 exh with hiflow cats and only had hotdogs where rear res is supposed to be and you can hear my blower a mile away even wen idling and they never said boo, even wen i would stop for RBT, I even had them pop the bonnet 1 day and i dont have a lid on my airbox. All the copper asked was if i had a blue plate for the supercharger but wen i told him it come from factory with it he closed bonnet and said have a gd day son.

If you drive responsably they wont hassle you. You drive like a dick and draw attention to yourself and they will annoy you no matter wat you drive!!!!!!!!!!!!
well that my 2 cents anyway

you can get 1.98.1 yt aswell, i have them

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
What's the general sort of price on rockers?

wogstyler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim sc L67
you can get 1.98.1 yt aswell, i have them

wen i was trying to start a business they emailed me a pricelist with all there parts and it doesnt have 1.98 on it anywhere. I just went threw all the pages twice looking lol. Even wen i spoke to Mark from TTT Perfomance (he used to work for YT) And he said all they do is 1.95