Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 Mobile - Quick question

saber

Reaction score
Members Ride
None - At the moment :)
I HATE 3! I lived right on the border between 3 and roaming and was constantly stuck between the two with no service.

Now with Optus, little better but.

Thats what I hate about 3 too!!!

The problem with most 3 phones (which are on a plan, I've never used a 3 pre-paid phone) is that they disable the ability to permanently chose which network you use. For someone like me, who just uses the phone to talk and text, the telstra roaming network is best for me, as I have constant reception in the areas I move around in. If you in a poor 3 reception area (such as parts of Melbourne uni, which for people who don't know is roughly 1.5km from Melbourne's CBD) making a call is a pain in the a(*e, as it will switch from 3 to roaming, and either garble the call, or drop it all together! I wish I could just set the phone to use telstra roaming network; all my problems would be gone!!

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
3 was good for me today, i did have a problem last year with it switching between full bars to roaming, so i called 3 they said when roaming happend that i had to go into my phone and manually find the three network. hope that helps.

My awesome 3 branded phone automatically switched back to automatic network selection :(

I unbranded it but then switched to Optus anyway, I got a free Xbox 360 which made me smile.