Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 monitor setup.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
So I want to get a 3 monitor setup going and was wondering what I should know before deciding on what screens to get.

I was thinking 24inch would be big enough and to find a screen at around 2-3 ms..I know it comes down to the cost mostly.
So what would be a good starting price for a screen that's not outrageously expensive. Thinking around $200-$300 each...

This would be used for mostly gaming.

Anyway any help would be great. Cheers.

Last edited:

Damn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY12
FPS is relating to your vid card's output. Your monitor refresh rate handles what I think you are referring to as FPS. But 2-3 fps is very slow as far as i'm concerned.
You want the highest hz (refresh rate) and lowest response time on a monitor thats about it. <-- I'll just assume that most monitors at $200-300 will have 58 gazillion colours (or thereabouts) good viewing angles / inputs etc etc.

I'm no professional on the subject, just my opinion, I like benq monitors. There are probably better ones.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
FPS is relating to your vid card's output. Your monitor refresh rate handles what I think you are referring to as FPS. But 2-3 fps is very slow as far as i'm concerned.
You want the highest hz (refresh rate) and lowest response time on a monitor thats about it. <-- I'll just assume that most monitors at $200-300 will have 58 gazillion colours (or thereabouts) good viewing angles / inputs etc etc.

I'm no professional on the subject, just my opinion, I like benq monitors. There are probably better ones.

Ah I wasnt paying attention I meant im looking for 2-3ms (maximium repsonse time) although thats asking abit for my price range.

Not fps..

Cheers for the opinon btw.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Why not get DVI to HDMI converters and buy 3 x 51" plasmas for the same price? Now that would rock :)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Why not get DVI to HDMI converters and buy 3 x 51" plasmas for the same price? Now that would rock :)

Becuase the resolution would be **** house - not to mention a good PC monitor will have a substationally higher refresh rate and usually colour portfolio too.

I'd check your GFX card and OS can support 3 monitors first too.

aZk.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I'd check your GFX card and OS can support 3 monitors first too.

aZk.
This.

New cards have support for triple screens, but you'll need a mini display port > dvi or hdmi adaptor if you only have a single card. Older cards may only have one or two outputs...

I have two cards, simply because i couldn't justify a $60 (at the time) adaptor when a second video card was only $150 or so. Worked out good in the end, because now i use 4 monitors (with the ability to upgrade to 6 if i choose)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
This.

New cards have support for triple screens, but you'll need a mini display port > dvi or hdmi adaptor if you only have a single card. Older cards may only have one or two outputs...

I have two cards, simply because i couldn't justify a $60 (at the time) adaptor when a second video card was only $150 or so. Worked out good in the end, because now i use 4 monitors (with the ability to upgrade to 6 if i choose)
Bumping, cause i've now upgaded to 6 monitors haha

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

Please tell me where you can get 51" plasmas for under $200, I'll take 6 thanks. I dont like plasma but at that price who could say no :D

Regarding the BENQ monitors 50LTRv8 spoke of - give Jeremy a call at itsbits.com.au, dont just buy off the site, give him a call (number on the site) tell him what you want and he will cut a good deal. I recently bought two very similar BENQ monitors from him for $129 each.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Please tell me where you can get 51" plasmas for under $200, I'll take 6 thanks. I dont like plasma but at that price who could say no :D

Regarding the BENQ monitors 50LTRv8 spoke of - give Jeremy a call at itsbits.com.au, dont just buy off the site, give him a call (number on the site) tell him what you want and he will cut a good deal. I recently bought two very similar BENQ monitors from him for $129 each.
Try finding the same monitors more than a year after you first bought your setup :p

I paid more for 2nd hand monitors than i did for the new ones 2 years ago