Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3" twin exhaust

kjc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SSII
Gday all,
Just curious if anyone is using a twin 3" catback exhaust with straight pipes on a ls1?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
You talking just straight pipes at the rear or no mufflers at all?

Both would be stupidly loud, raspy and droney.

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
Overkill unless you have heads/cam, if you look back through the LS1 forums people were making about the same power and running about the same times 5-10 years ago with tri-y headers, opened up stock cats, and 2.5" exhausts as they do now with the fashonable big pipes, 100 cell cats and OTRs... my favourite sounding set up on these is twin 2.5 with a h-pipe.

Twin 3" VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.7
I'm about 99% done with my exhaust. Twin 3" from the extractors back, H pipe, no cats, two Flowmaster super 44s at the end and out each side. Just need to finish up doing my fuel cell then I'll see how loud it is. It did have a catback 2.5" and someone had removed the center muffler. It sounded alright.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
It will be interesting to see how long you last before the Police pull you over, defect you and give you a large fine. Without cats they will smell you a mile off.

Twin 3" VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.7
I never said it was a daily driver. How about I put some high flow cats in? make everyone feel better?

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
I've got stainless steel 4-1 extractors with 1 7/8" primaries and 3" collectors, twin 3" 200cpsi Magnaflow cats, twin 3" system with 2 hi-flow magnaflow centre and single rear mufflers out to twin 3" tips on my wh grange and I drive it daily. Yes it's loud even at idle. Yes it turns heads. I have an otr, genuine c4b gts throttle body with 100% open mod, ls6 intake manifold and injectors, ls3 fuel rail, dremel ported 241 heads with c4b springs, retainers, and ls6 sodium filled valves and tuff mounts on the engine and trans. But no more attention than usual in fact it's never come up even at random drug/booze bus drive thru. It doesn't drone... I'm not gonna offer a suggestion as to whether or not you should get twin 3" but when I say it's loud, I mean I set off the occasional car alarm at shopping centre car parks when i turn it on...