Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3" xforce exhuast - with or without middle muffler

motaba

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV REDLINE
Has anybody fitted a cat back 3" xforce exhuast which only has hotdogs where the middle muffler is meant to be........especially on a VF redline ?

if so, are u happy with them ?

is there much drone?

are they too loud?

im looking at these......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VF-V8-HO...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e48f735e

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I think it would sound good, but will most likely be very loud with hotdogs.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Has anybody fitted a cat back 3" xforce exhuast which only has hotdogs where the middle muffler is meant to be........especially on a VF redline ?

if so, are u happy with them ?

is there much drone?

are they too loud?

im looking at these......

VF V8 Holden Commodore Xforce Twin 3" CAT Back Sports Exhaust Hotdog Loud Sedan | eBay

I have a 2.5" X-Force system on my auto Redline currently - which IMO sounds like ****, very drony between 1700 - 2100rpm, and nothing special after that. I'm changing to a Walkinshaw system next week.

My brother in law has a 3" X-Force system on his auto E3 Clubsport - which drones very, very badly. Not sure if his has the hot dogs or centre muffler, but either way he hates it, his wife and kids hate it, and I hate it.

Just opinions, but for what its worth, I personally will never purchase an X-Force system for an auto every again.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I don't get the Xforce hate. I have the 2.5" SS catback on my auto VE SSV and it sounds great and doesn't really drone. All subjective i guess.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
3 inch with only rear muffles sounds good but drones like a mofo.

But has a really nice bark up top.

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Has been just a few days now with my 2.5 inch Difillipo catback on my stock auto ute.
AFM switched off.
No drone, sounds great.
Nice V8 burble on start up and with a bit of acceleration.
Really nice when cruising, makes it very easy to live with.
Very happy with it so far.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I don't get the Xforce hate. I have the 2.5" SS catback on my auto VE SSV and it sounds great and doesn't really drone. All subjective i guess.

Because XForce is like a lucky dip.

They are all fairly droney and most owners either dont notice it, dont care or dont want to admit it. Being an auto, im tipping you just havent got a ear for it. If someone pointed it out you would never be able to stop hearing it.

The sound they make is subjective, I dont like their sound, but you might.

The lucky dip portion is in the way they fit. Ask someone who installs them day in day out and ask how many of them they have to bash the hangers into shape or relocate. Ask how badly they have to be tucked up because they fit so poorly they scrape over the slightest bump.