Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

30 rwk from cats ?

VNSS90

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx/ve ss
an alloy otr i wasnt present when it got the tune because of work. my mte took it down for me it still revs out fine with no coughing or hesitation the exhaust is pacie try ys then 2/12 inch to 3 inch no mufflers except a rear resi my mate also said it was like 41 degrees in the shed when it was tuned and he also tuned it with the aircon on coz it was so hot lol

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
he also tuned it with the aircon on coz it was so hot lol
not a professional but that doesn't sound like someone who knows what they are doing, could be wrong though

VNSS90

Reaction score
Members Ride
180sx/ve ss
it was tuned at lmg in here in sa he also said that one ov my thermos wasnt working and the other one was really slow so it was at over half temp when it was on the dyno im process now ov getting new thermos im hoping this weekend wen i sort the cats out it willl be better off lol mite take it back for a retune wen the cats are done or take it to adelaide n get a decent tuner to look at it

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Take your own advice man, get the car up to 100%, then start worry about tunes :)

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
seeing as your in SA, enhanced automotive did my car, and have done a good job too

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
it was tuned at lmg in here in sa he also said that one ov my thermos wasnt working and the other one was really slow so it was at over half temp when it was on the dyno im process now ov getting new thermos im hoping this weekend wen i sort the cats out it willl be better off lol mite take it back for a retune wen the cats are done or take it to adelaide n get a decent tuner to look at it

Where abouts in SA are you from mate? I live in Crystal Brook, not even 20 K's away from LMG

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

Hey mate just some advice, the correct spelling is of not ov.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
it was tuned at lmg in here in sa he also said that one ov my thermos wasnt working and the other one was really slow so it was at over half temp when it was on the dyno

Highjack.
Ummmm, why didn't he have one of those high powered air blower thingy's blowing air over the radiator while it was on the dyno,
instead of just relying on the thermo's?

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
Hey mate just some advice, the correct spelling is of not ov.

You're gonna be one of those grumpy old blokes that rings up am radio and complains that your neighbors cat wanders too close to your fence in the morning...

Back on topic, I'd be getting new cats rather than gutting your standard ones out, power definitely seems low for the mods you have

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
Highjack.
Ummmm, why didn't he have one of those high powered air blower thingy's blowing air over the radiator while it was on the dyno,
instead of just relying on the thermo's?

he would of had a air mover blowing on the front ive had my cars on his dyno a heap of times... he knows what he is on about so take in what he says. ive seen blocked cats that are glowing red hot so that shows how restrictive they can become once there shagged