Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

300rwk+ what's next

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
If you're definitely putting a blower on, make sure you get a cam to suit now. Blower spec cams work fine naturally aspirated, so you'd be better off getting the right cam now to suit your future mods

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
next on list would be engine oil cooler, big write up in SC magazine for this, lots of heat can be bad for motors, cheap insurance for what you have planned

joely116

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2007
If you're definitely putting a blower on, make sure you get a cam to suit now. Blower spec cams work fine naturally aspirated, so you'd be better off getting the right cam now to suit your future mods

Yeah I'll look at a different cam when it's time for blower, I can get my labour on the car for free so it dosnt bother me changing to a different cam later.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer

yes yes yes.....
My cam is being done this week. Everyone has kind of being surprised that I wasnt going a massive cam. Well firstly I cant because I have an auto and dont want a stally, but its better to get a cam that works effectively with a blower than one thats just massive and then stick a blower on it. Makes them work efficiently together to make power better

I got the harrop oil cooler fitted and its great

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Good choice of cam, too big a cam and being a auto, totally ruins a perfectly good street car, only reason people get massive cams is because they sound cool or so they think...once they realise the car sucks to drive then they realise theyve wasted that money

joely116

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2007
Well all the parts arrive this week and get installed and tuned on the 24th.

Next step will be do tie bar lifters,fast manifold i know not much to gain from the manifold but they look so good and they have the port for some nitrous :)..

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
get lifters done at the same time, otherwise they pull it apart twice, if doing cam. double labour etc,