Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 injectors

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
G'day guys
I've just done a full rebuild on my 304 and was just wondering if it's a wise choice to change the injectors
I've put a 276 cam in, flat top pistons, other then that she's pretty well standard I've also heard ls1 injectors go straight in without stuffing around
Is it even worth changing injectors for the little work that's done or should I just get a new set of standards? What do you guys recommend? Cheers fellas

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Have you had the tune for your cam yet?

worked ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Nah met not yet was just going to get the memcal tune through green foam or something long those lines
I've got a brand new set of ls1 injectors but just unsure if it's wise to use them as the car won't be pushing a lot of power

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Nah met not yet was just going to get the memcal tune through green foam or something long those lines

Just remember, for your engine setup you need a custom tune, not an off the shelf mail order memcal.

Joe from Ace Performance is able to do remote tuning, Myself and a couple of others on the forums have used him.
https://www.facebook.com/CommodoreV8V6DelcoTuning

Like you said you aren't pushing much power so I would just run the standard injectors.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can run them if you want, maybe ask whoever is tuning your car if you will get any benefit. If you'd already had the tune I would have told you not to bother.

Greenfoam doesn't appear here anymore, and some people ended up having a few issues with him. Go through the link above, or Delcowizzid, or The1.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I run std 901's with my baby 268 cam. It's tuned n runs fine.

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
I agree standard injectors will be fine and get a custom tune for sure